Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i did change the water filter, clean the condenser and use cleaner on the water circuit when i first did this one.
    so im pretty sure thee only problems left are the water valve, and this evap plates you mentioned. I dont see a detailed discussion about them in the manual.

i mention the float position because that is where i got it to work best for time and size when they first asked me to resurrect this dinosaur last year.
    and that point is maybe almost half way along the slide.
    could it have had the evaporator problem all along i guess?
    ill climb up there and take a look at the end of freeze tommorrow, and im gonna go ahead and get a fill valve for it just to be sure.

but with the evap plates, is that repairable? or do you have to replace the evaporator?
    The average person has one testicle, and one ovary.

Well if evaporator plates are separated from the refrigerant lines on such a small machine you'd probably not make much ice or not be able to harvest it, honestly.

To check it, remove the water distribution tubes and pop out the little plastic water guides on top of the evaporator, and wiggle the stainless steel plates. If its separated from the tubing it will be obvious, you can see it and feel the plate move away from the tubing that is sandwiched between the plates. You can also check from the bottom of the evaporator wiggling as well.

Really I think the reason you have a smaller volume of ice per batch than the book is pretty obvious now. All the Hoshi tests are with float in the lowest position. This makes most amount of ice per cycle. You have the float halfway. So you are using less water per batch of ice, therefore less weight.

If evaporator plates are actually separated then the evaporator would need to be replaced. And anybody in their right mind would replace the machine. Though we do them every now and then at our company, I never have personally.

Good luck with it!

Thumbs up

Water Valve.

/sigh

the whole time I didnt suspect it because i knew i had changed it just last year.
    turns out, after checking my records, I changed that sept 1, 2009, almost 2 years ago.

i could blow through it backwards just a bit, so the new pump was putting enough pressure on it to open it and leak just a little water in.

now ive got the float almost all the way down and it still hits 42 min freeze.

thanks for the help guys
    The average person has one testicle, and one ovary.

Excellent thread!! The Hoshi Tech books do offer a wealth of information and surprisingly the same material can be found easily online.

This forum kicks @ss!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12