Scratch And Dent Air Handlers Worth Buying?

Found About 7 BRAND NEW Rheem R410a Air Handlers For Sale That Are Cheap. Like $$$$$ bucks a piece. Units Range From 1.5 to 4 Ton. They All Seem To Have Just Some Outside Sheet Metal Dings And Scratches.

Would a Scratch And Dent Air Handler Be Worth Buying?
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 07-18-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Pricing Removed

you sure they aren't stolen ?

and read the rules again $$$ is $$$
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

There On Ebay In CT. Check It Out. I Live Not To Far From There.

prices aint allowed
    and scratch and dent?
    only way I'll buy one if it is from the supply house and still has full warranty.
    and I am popping rubber seal in evap prior to purchase to make sure it ain't got a leak.

ebay AH purchases?
    I'll leave that to someone more brave than me.

E Bay?
    No Way.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

it depends on who's selling them,and why! if it's a private guy, and you don't mind gambling then go for it. again,it's a gamble. so what is your risk tolerance? is it your house it's going in or a customer? if it's a customer, i'd think twice w/o at least telling him you bought it off ???? selling it off his truck! but in this economy,i've heard stranger things to save mulla!

I Decided Not To Even Bother Buying Them. Just Seemed Like A Risk Not Worth Taking. I Dont Think Any Of Them Sold On Ebay Auction Anyway. Haha

I have purchaed tons of scratch and dent from a wholesaler. full warranty, reduced prices. WHY?? simple, there is always a building engineer, subcontractor, whatever, looking for a deal. fills two voids. my vendor moves the equipment, my subs or clients get the good deal they are looking for. one vendor in particular had a run of them for a while, and would simply drop them at my door. we would work out funds if and when they sold.