Hi everyone. I'm new here so sorry if this has been discussed before. I have just gotten quotes to replace my old gas furnace (and tempstar AC unit)with some new 80% trane or carrier models. I am trying to figure out what my monthly savings for heating will be after getting a new model. I know that my old unit is terrible, its an early 80's Carrier super saver gas furnace, I think the model number is 58ssb0802c. Does anyone know roughly what the effieciency of an older model like that would be? I am also replacing the original westinghouse mercury thermometer from 1964 lol....so I think I will be saving at least about 100 bucks a month year round. If it matters, our house is about 2000 square feet and we live in Maryland. Thanks for any help!

A good tech can check the efficiency of your old furnace, as is. Then do whatever will achieve its optimal efficiency, and recheck it. Or, if the initial test is too low, the tech may advise you not to spend anymore money on the old furnace.
    - Darrell

new they were 80-82% afue could not find exact model but did find 58ssb series