Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vacuum tree

vacuum tree

finally getting to set this bad boy up but I had to adapt my pump with 2 fittings .. right now I have nylog, teflon tape & leak lock ... which should I use ? I need to do this tonight since I busted the existing setup & am not making it to a supply house in the a.m. & am opening a system early .. im thinking nylog or teflon tape at least temporarily since it cleans easier until I can come across something else or are they good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 33 View Post
    finally getting to set this bad boy up but I had to adapt my pump with 2 fittings .. right now I have nylog, teflon tape & leak lock ... which should I use ? I need to do this tonight since I busted the existing setup & am not making it to a supply house in the a.m. & am opening a system early .. im thinking nylog or teflon tape at least temporarily since it cleans easier until I can come across something else or are they good enough?
    I like Teflon tape. The pink or yellow will give you the thickness required to make a good leak proof connection. I have never needed anything else.
    IMHO
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by trouble time View Post
    I like Teflon tape. The pink or yellow will give you the thickness required to make a good leak proof connection. I have never needed anything else.
    IMHO
    I use nylog.. I like the blue (POE) because it is not as sticky when you go to take it apart.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Since you are changing to multiple connections at the pump do you still need the tree now?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

thanks guys ....... yea a tree is a must! lol

Not really.
    Core removers, large diameter hoses and a vacuum pump with multiple connections takes the place of the tree.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

To many places for leaks on those things, they take up to much room and are rather awkward. Quit using mine 15 years ago.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

damn u guys r killing my excitement lol .. I've been using various setups of fittings over the years and am just trying something different .. the tree seems pretty solid as far as connections

Yea I agree the tree sounded like a waste of $ for me.... I already have a jb pump with 2 3/8" fittings on it..

But what ever works for you. It will be way faster than a manifold.

O ya Nylog or Teflon will work fine. I would stay away from the blue goop.

so the thread about the proper vacuum set up, on this site someplace, is not so great as it claims?

I understand the less connections the less places for leaks.

just use CRT at the service valves, vacuum rated hoses to your pump and the micron gauge at one of the side ports on the CRT, that is the newest best set up?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

where do you guys get these fittings for your pumps. I have the yellow jacket 6cfm SuperEvac. I would like to use two 3/8 hoses instead of using my manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    where do you guys get these fittings for your pumps. I have the yellow jacket 6cfm SuperEvac. I would like to use two 3/8 hoses instead of using my manifold.
    Go to the Ritchie Yellow Jacket site and look through their catalogs. The vacuum trees, 3/8" x 1/4" hoses, stainless steel hoses, etc. are all there in the catalogs. Then talk with your local wholesalers about ordering them or do a search Yellow Jacket with the UPC number you are looking for if your looking for an online sale.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast