Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Great to hear Mopar Guy. I do allot of design work with Lennox Technical Support so I asked them to send me the wiring diagram for my system using the Signature Stat and it showed this jumper in a dual fuel applicaiton so I was surprised to hear you didn't need it. I'm glad to hear your now happy with your system.

I got my new A-Frame coil installed and have the stat wired according to the diagram I described above. I am very happy with the way the system operates. My only complaint is the pinging noise that seems to come from the line sets. I'm not sure if this is something I am going to have to get used to or not??

I get more of a humming thru the system with the heat pump running. I don't have a basement, so my furnace is located in the laundry room, just off the kitchen. Our bedroom is above both & I can hear it at times. I might add some insulation to the second story floor to help dampen the noise. The one thing that does bug me, is the high pitched squeel coming from the humidifier valve. I might have them look into it & see if there is something that can be changed to quiet it down. Other than that, it functions beautiful. My wife even commented this mornimg on how nice the house feels now compaired to the old system. It's 20º out here now. Brrrrrrrrrr.

I figured out why my refrigerant lines were making so much noise. Temperatures in Kansas City finally reached the high twenties and my heat pump went out on high head pressure. The contractor put the gauges on and my system and it was overcharged. He removed some of the freon and the system is running much quieter with much less refrigerant noise. I still get a slight hum which I consider normal.

Just an FYI

I've run into something else that you might want to be aware of. I would hear my lines rattle & the compressor would really dim the lights on start up but only once in a while. As I watched it, I found that after the furnace would shut off, the heat pump would start up right after. The head pressure had to be really high with the superheating of the A coil with the furnace on. My contractor said to change the 1st stage differential from 1º to 2-3º. (It's in the User section) So far that seems to have fixed it. Just getter her fine tuned now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234