Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I finally got my new Lennox system installed. I am having thermostat problems. How do you like your new Signature Stat? Then contractor installed a Vision Pro and were having problems with it doing what I want it to do.

Did you set it up to control the two stages of heat pump operation (compressor stages) plus 1 stage of furnace operation as your emergency? In other words in the furnace mode the furnace controls the staging of the heat? From what I understand this accounts for the three stages of heat available at the stat.

From a cooling perspective did you set it up to have the two stages of compressor operated by the stat?

Confused

Originally posted by ksspartan
    I finally got my new Lennox system installed. I am having thermostat problems. How do you like your new Signature Stat? Then contractor installed a Vision Pro and were having problems with it doing what I want it to do.

Did you set it up to control the two stages of heat pump operation (compressor stages) plus 1 stage of furnace operation as your emergency? In other words in the furnace mode the furnace controls the staging of the heat? From what I understand this accounts for the three stages of heat available at the stat.

From a cooling perspective did you set it up to have the two stages of compressor operated by the stat?
    I have mine in too. I'm not sure if your posting to me or someone else. Either way, I love the Signature stat. It seems worth the money to me. Easy to navigate compared to the Honeywell I had before. It works together with the h/p & furnace as a system. It's neat to be able to set high & low humidity levels from the stat & it controls the humidifier.

I went with a single stage h/p per Baldloonie's advise. It made sense to me & even the guy installing it agreed. Mine's set up for 3 stages of heat with the h/p being first, low fire & then high fire on the furnace.

I am having a problem with it at the moment. The h/p only runs for a few minutes & then shuts off. The high pressure line starts to buzz pretty bad before it shuts off, indicating to me it has high head pressure, so I locked it out. What my contractor found out was that he needs to put a larger A coil in with this model heat pump. Apparently it's to restrictive or something. Anyway, they'll be here Friday to put the larger one in so I can get it running. So far, we both love the furnace! It's so quiet & the low blower speed sure makes it nicer. No more "blast furnace" effect like our old one.

Thanks for the reply Mopar Guy. I was looking for you went I wrote my reply. We really have been tracking together on this one. I also have an undersized coil which is causing my heat pump to trip out on high pressure. I am also having a new coil installed on Friday.

On your Signature Stat you are able to set a high and low balance point. The way I understand it the when the temperature is above the high balance point the heat pump operates and the furnace pump is locked out. In this state the heat pump runs with its own internal controls and in my case sequences the compressor operation. Below the low balance point the furnace will run and the heat pump is locked out. In this state the furnace operates with the staging with it own internal controls. Between the high and low balance points both the furnace and the heat pump operate withe heat pump as the lead. In this state Y1 operates the heat pump and Y2 operates the furnace. I think this is as detailed as you can get with the thermostat controlling the actual stages on the furnace or the heat pump. Let me know if I'm missing something. I had the Lennox rep out the other day and thats the way he explained it to me.

I am also very happy with the variable speed motor operation. Keep me posted on how your new coil works out and I will do the same.

I thought it might be me you were talking to. Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. My contractor has three like this & mine will be the experiment. When he called to order a coil for mine, they wanted him to put a 4 ton coil in it (instead of a 3.5 ton that he was originally told) with a 2.5 ton h/p. I'll guess I'll find out how it works on Friday! Lennox claims they made the change in their engineering manual last year but nobody seems to know it - even the regional manager. Go figure... LOL

As for the thermostat - yes, it has both points that are setable. Mine's set for 40º for the upper & zero for the lower right now. That's the contractors recomendation. He did take the time to explain it to me, so that was good. I'll post a few before & after pics of it next week.

I got my new coil in and my heat pump works like a charm. I had them replace the VP stat with the Signature Stat and I'm so glad I did. The Signature Stat is definitely the way to go with the systems we purchased.

Great! Glad you like it. They were here today putting in the new A coil & I was asking about that. He said there is a couple of different models of the VP & you would need the better model to get those features. He also said it was more money than a Sig Stat. I see your other post about it now. Hope it works out for you.

FYI - The larger A coil did fix my problem. Now the HP runs quiet. I have only one problem left that cropped up today. My furnace won't fire when the HP won't keep up. I believe it's a setting in the stat that's wrong but I'm not sure. I'll have to call them tomorrow. Did yours get fixed?

Even the better models of the VP can't do all that the Lennox Signature Stat can do. For example the abilitity to set the low and high balance points is not available on the VP's. I see this as a good feature to have the ability to run your heat pump between the low and high balance points until you can't keep up and then automatically kick in your furnace. I guess this is the feature that don't work on yours at the present time. It hasn't gotten cold enough here in KC yet to where my heat pump hasn't been able to keep up so I will keep my fingers crossed that mine works.

You mentioned noise and that yours got quieter. That would be my only complaint. The unit outdoors doesn't seem to be noisy but I get quite a bit of noise from the refrigerant lines in the basement. My contractor claims this is normal? Do you get much noise from your lines sets? The contractor told me that this is the compressor noise transmitted through the lines.

Mopar Guy, You might check to make sure theres a jumper between W1/E and W2 @ the stat. This may be your problem.

My line set was very loud before. You could here the refrigerant pulsating in the lines & it sounded like a rattle. Plus, the compressor short cycled & was off awhile between cycles. All that is gone but I still hear a humming when the hp is on. Nothing very annoying. The outdoor unit is super quiet.

Mopar Guy, You might check to make sure theres a jumper between W1/E and W2 @ the stat. This may be your problem.
    I just checked that & I'll bet your right. They're not jumped in the stat & I don't see them jumped in the furnace. I already have a call into them & awiating a call back, so I'll mention that. I'll bet he made a mistake when he wired it. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

Should be jumped in the stat not the furnace according to my set up.

After I read thru some of the paperwork, that doesn't appy to mine. I have the 81M28 stat (as you should) & to install a jumper wire, it only applies to the 81M26 stat. I messed around with it, trying different things & ended up putting the settings back & so far it's working. I won't be sure though until it calls for backup. The service guy called me today & is going to call Lennox Monday. He thinks the stat is bad. I guess we'll wait & see.... Thanks again! I'll keep you posted.

Did you get your A coil replaced??

Cool Guess what - U were right

I read those instructions myself & the way it's worded, it shouldn't apply to my stat - but it does. They came out with another stat & it did the same thing. They double checked the wiring & it was fine. Then the service guy remembered that jumper from another job but it wasn't a gas furnace. They tried it & it works fine. He said they had taken some sort of repair manual with them & it doesn't show that in there. They tried to jump it in the furnace first & it wouldn't work but when they jumped them in the stat, it works perfect now. So far, this is an awesome system. If it saves me some money like I think it should, that's a bonus to the comfort I'm getting with it. The heat pump has been taking care of the house with low's in the low 30's, so that's going to help with the gas bill.

Is yours working well for you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast