Thread: Carel gateway

Anybody familiar with the Carel/Modbus gateway? I am trying to figure out how to pull the configuration information from the existing gateway that is not communication right. I received a zip file from Carel that has the program, but i am having trouble using it.

You should be able to purchase a programmable key from carel then upload the program from the carel to the key.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Cool

Most of the time Carel send you a program just to reconfig the gateway that you just write over the exsiting program. Also their programs need to be config in MS-DOS not windows only reason I know this is because of the fact the company I work for uses the Carel Gateway due to the fact we use their controls for our A/C units that we sell. Please let me know how you made out due to the fact that I'am servicing these all the time and anything weird maybe I can help you with it or get you in contact with the software programer at Carel.

I was able to get the config software to work with dos. The configuration seems find. What I am having trouble with now is the points list. I am communicating with 5 crac APC CM units. Can I recover this list through the gateway or do I get the points list from Carel or APC? I appreciate the help.

techgabe, I think I can help you out.

The Modbus gateway translate Carel's protocol to Modbus RTU. However, the APC CM units are equipped with one of Carel's programmable controllers loaded with a custom application software designed as per APC's specs. With that being said, you may get the the points list from APC.

I received the points list from APC. They are using Dataguard 5.0 controllers for their units. Once I received the points list, I was able to verify and fix the problems I was having. I appreciate the help. Thanks

great! The Dataguard 5 is Carel's old line of programmable controllers, the pCO. The line has expanded to pCOXS, pCO1, and pCO2 since then. There is a pCO3 that is being presented at the next ASHRAE show in Chicago, IL in January 06. Built-in graphic display, ton of memory, multiprotocol, multiple serial ports, and many other goodies...

Great. Just in time to sign up some integrators or just allow direct sales of the product.

Getting around to that anytime soon? I've had a bunch of little subsystem processes that could use a device like this one.

I would want to be able to change the program over the internet or a phone line. (FYI)