I'm looking for some tips on securing my home iLon with internet access. Is it possible to change the default logon? I have changed the FTP access but could not find how to change the Logon access
    I have a network with a router that the iLon is connected to. My ISP is a cable provider. I want to be able to access the iLon remotely from various locations but want to prevent access by 'vandals'. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You changed ftp pass? Telnet into it. Then get back with the results.

Anyway, the best way to secure it is behind a firewall. If you don't have a static to assign and forward use dynamic dns for the box.

I like these commercial Linksys devices for about $180 (wrv54g)Nice box for this application.

EDIT: if you look in the book it tells you how to modify webparams for individual page access. However, this is not big time security. See the echelon web board for more detail. I think it needs to be behind a wall.

[Edited by sysint on 10-26-2005 at 07:44 AM]

I'm good with the ftp password. What I want to change is the default 'ilon / ilon' user / password.
    I have a Linksys box that will allow me to foward to the iLon but it takes me to the Login screen with the above mentioned login. It seems that it would be too easy to guess the user and password. Once in someone would have full access to all config pages etc.

webparams.dat file dapper