Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I replaced the rocks around a campfire built by cavemen..............

what did I win
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

That's funny jmac00.

I sold Adam and Eve the first Rheem!

Don't you mean Adam and Eve got Reamed?

Oil fired furance i believe it was a thermal pride with sling burner

When I first got into the trade I worked for a company that the owner was one of the designers of the Holly brand furnace. Whenever one was replaced we had to bring it back to the shop where we would clean them up so he could store it...

Kate you have mail, Lennox Torrid zone coal furnace converted to gas, still in operaton in Howell Michigan, I sent you a pic. From the 1940's is my guess.

101 years old this year

I have a customer whose house was built in 1910, and he still has the original International Economy steam boiler installed. It has been converted from coal burning to oil fired and for many years now gas fired with a power gas burner.

The coolest thing about this guy is the painstaking measures he took to make not only the boiler room look immaculate, but the boiler itself as well. This boiler is honestly a showroom piece. You can also see in the pics he has a sense of humor.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    I have a customer whose house was built in 1910, and he still has the original International Economy steam boiler installed. It has been converted from coal burning to oil fired and for many years now gas fired with a power gas burner.

The coolest thing about this guy is the painstaking measures he took to make not only the boiler room look immaculate, but the boiler itself as well. This boiler is honestly a showroom piece. You can also see in the pics he has a sense of humor.

I am glad you got pics of this boiler. Love to see it again

That thing is awesome! I've seen alot of old ones in the seattle area, 02' was probably the oldest. Here's the coal door of one that I removed a while ago, I think he said the house was built somewhere in the 20's
    Last edited by LibertyTree; 07-17-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: derp
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Thank You Glenn. That thing is gorgeous. Kudo's to your homeowner. I have an older gentleman that also takes care of his equipment in a similar way, but not quite to that extent. It makes me nervous everytime I go to service it, that I might get a drop of oil on the floor.

Great job keeping the old girl in service.

That is truely amazing, I've never seen anyone maintain something that nice.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

converted coal to nat gas gravity furnace. don't know the brand or model number but it's been there for a long time. the house was there when the city 1st surveyed in early 1800s. and the house is a dump. the owner is a very old and fragile lady who drive 1960 mercury with full on bondo and what look like original tire to me...
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12