A few questions ton TEMPSTAR Furnaces that hope someone can help.
* Two-story House built: 1991
* 1st flr: 1600 SF
* 2nd flr: 1000 SF
* Full basement: 1200 SF
* TEMPSTAR Gas Furnaces: NUGI100DH03; L904166400
(NOT high-efficiency type; these are just the conventional gas furnaces; Typical installation: Furnace "A" supplies 1st flr and bsmt; Furnace "B" supplies 2nd flr)
* Well-maintained with yearly maintenance etc. Currently working well with no problems.
* Furnaces are not "abused", i.e., used only when needed and temp set at 68F.
QUESTIONS on TEMPSTAR furnaces:
- Are they as good as Carrier, Lennox etc.?
- With a well-maintained furnace, how long do they last?
- I have CO detector on both 1st and 2nd floors just in case (I am just "paranoid" about CO poisoning), but the basic question is: "How long do heat exchangers last before cracking?"
- I am about to install Aprilaire 550 Humifiers but wonder if the furnaces do not last much longer then I would delay the Humidifiers installation until the new furnaces are in......but this goes back to the question above: "can I get another 5-6 years out of these 14-year-old furnaces?", if so then I will install the Humidifiers.
- From speaking to TEMPSTAR Co., the Blower Motor bearing is grease-packed from factory and lubed for life, so I guess I do not have to repack the bearing after 14 years. Is this correct?
- Final question: does TEMPSTAR have an electrical terminal labeled "HUM" for the humidifier electrical connection or I have to use the A50 relay (I have heard all kinds of bad stories about A50 relays so I will try to avoid A50 relay)?
??? ANY other help hints/tips will be appreciated.
Thanks a million guys!!!