Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Jp--I thought I was getting enough hydration. I put down a gallon to a gallon and a half of water a day. As far as glasses go, I do wear sunglasses but no other glasses. I don't have any problems all day until I walk in the door and hit the cool air at home.

As to the neck traction device, I see a chiropractor regularly for those types of adjustments.
    I am going to ask a dumb question. Do you have any gas appliances? Have you checked for CO in the home?
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

How COOL is the air in your house , too cool is also likely TOO dry and will will cause headaches.

"I don't have any problems all day until I walk in the door and hit the cool air at home."

If you could somehow adjust slowly to the ccoler temp, your sinuses may get less of a jolt?
    Maybe the AC in the car on the way home, then the heat blast in the driveway, then inside AC, is an issue ?

Cool Heat Headac

Drink at least 1 quart of water per hour, throw in some sport drink once in a while, stay away from soft drink and coffee. I take an asprine once a day , helps thin the blood, and is good for the heart. The blood gets thicker as you lose fluids in the summer, causing you to perspire less, and slows evapiration at your skin to cool you. an asprine helps to keep the blood moving. Learned this from an older tech, It really helps.

Living in AZ I can tell you that a hat will make all the difference, the kind like a sombrero is best. Here, as crazy it sounds, wearing long-sleeved shirts helps keep your body much cooler because your skin is out of the sun. When working on something for a few hours outside a self standing canopy also helps.

but yeah, even when i've been outside for a while with my big hat on, have been drinking gatorade and about a gallon of water i do get a dull head ache. that tells me its time to go inside for a while and cool off.

Salted peanuts. Or honey roasted ones if you like them better.
    I keep a few packs of them in the van all the time.

If you are still getting a headache with all that water, take some salt tablets. Not too many-just one or 2 once a day.

Your body will tell you how much you need.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    If you are still getting a headache with all that water, take some salt tablets. Not too many-just one or 2 once a day.

Your body will tell you how much you need.
    I spent quite a while looking for and asking about salt tablets.

Nobody around here has them and a lot of people had never even heard of them.

everyone is different, but salt tablets are essential for me when working in 110f+ conditions

Guess you could just eat something with salt ... chips or something. I know if I don't take salt tabs I will get a headache.

Maybe pour a little Morton Salt in the Gatorade. Gotta make it work somehow.

Try a Google search on "Salt Tablets". Lots of data about the importance of sodium. Might find a place to get them.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I spent quite a while looking for and asking about salt tablets.

Nobody around here has them and a lot of people had never even heard of them.
    i get them at walgreens drug.. if you cant get them locally pm me &
    ill send you some

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Anyone else this time of year spend all day outside just to be greeted by a headache when you get home? Since it has been really hot, this has been a reoccurring trend. Just curious how many of the rest of you are suffering from this too.
    I get them too. Today is the first day that I havn't been on a 175 degree roof or in a 120 degree attic in over a month. Last week I spent every afternoon in a hot attic and sweat was running out of me. I have been working in heat for over 40 years. I drink water,gatorade,pepsi,arnie palmers and coffee.And an ice cold bud with dinner. The headaches for me come with the 16 hour days and 100 plus temps.A cold shower helps cool my brain down and I'm back to normal.I also have recently started taking maganese tabs.
    It's a challenge sometimes to try and do some troubleshooting when your overheated,sun stressed,tired and de-hydrated.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

stay hydrated

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast