Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Annoying Headaches

Anyone else this time of year spend all day outside just to be greeted by a headache when you get home? Since it has been really hot, this has been a reoccurring trend. Just curious how many of the rest of you are suffering from this too.

Dumb questions.....

Are you staying hydrated?

Are you eating enough?

Another thing that has caused me headaches are my eyes. Do you wear glasses? Do you need to? Bright sunlight could be causing it, too.

A lot of headaches are musculoskeletal.
    However, sometimes you just have a feeling of what might be causing your problems.
    It could be radiation from the sun. Try a sun screen to block the ultra-violet radiation.
    Your head is sitting on top of such a complicated support system that it is not even funny.
    I have fixed my problems of headaches by using a neck traction device that was ( in 2001 ~40 bucks). It hangs on top of a door and has a pulley type thing.
    Traction is a proven method of letting joints heal.
    I don't recomend this for you...

Quote Originally Posted by BeaMage View Post
    ....I have fixed my problems of headaches by using a neck traction device that was ( in 2001 ~40 bucks). It hangs on top of a door and has a pulley type thing.
    Could you tell me where I can find such a device.

Hydration, true. But you guys who sweat all day in this heat need minerals etc in addition to water, water alone won't cut it.
    Gatorade, multivitamin, etc

I don't have any problems with Headaches.

I sip Gatorade all day long and drink lots of water to keep me hydrated all day long.

I also cool my head off with water, once it drys off I wet it down again.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

http://www.amazon.com/Neckpro-Cervic.../dp/B0002DNL0Q

Neck traction device.

Be cautious. This is something like self-medicating.
    You don't want to apply a sharp fast jerking motion to apply pressure.
    You do it very slowly. And you move your head up/down around while you apply pressure. The neck is a very complicated thing.
    Also, a warning here: do not use this device for over a few minutes at a time.
    Give your self a while before you start up again.
    In between treatments, you can also lay down flat on your back on the floor a few minutes at a time, it will straighten your nerves and muscles.

RESULTS ARE NOT IMMEADIATE!
    Therapy is a SLOW thing. Don't rush it.

You can get neck traction kits at surgical supply stores. Typically they picture the user with their *back* to the door (the rig fits over the top of a door). However, this is dead wrong, you should sit *facing* the door, your head should be slightly bent forward. Don't ask how i know all this. It is boring, bring reading material. The worst position for the neck is to have the head bent backwards, such as looking up at the ceiling or similar. You get a pulley system and a bag with the kit that holds water, which is used as the weight to pull on your neck. Start out with about 5 # of water (the bag is marked), and sit for about 20-30 min. once a day. You can slowly increase to 2-3 times per day if you wish and can slowly increase the weight to 15# of water. Few ppl can tolerate more than that. Results can take a week or more to show up, be patient. Although this is a Franenstein-looking rig , orthopedic docs use them all the time. If you are doing too much you will know right away 'cause your jaw will begin to hurt from the pressure. Most ppl only need 5-10 # of water to get results. I have used this and so has my wife, it is like a miracle. good luck

Headaches from heat?
    I drink water. Bunches and bunches of it.
    If what I am putting in the toilet when standing up ain't clear, means I ain't drinking enough water.

Took me a while to understand and learn my need for water, not gatorade and other sugary stuff, but plain water. And if it is 85+ outside, and I am on a roof, then I need much, much, more water than normal.

What I figured out was if I ain't going to use the bathroom standing up just as much in the summer as I do in the winter, then I ain't drinking enough water.

start out with the simplest things first.
    try drinking more water for a couple of days & maybe some gatorade
    to replace nutrients
    i would stay away from hanging myself from a door with a traction device unless advised from a dr. preferably a sports medicine dr.
    i find when i get these headaches they are more stress related than phyiscal. have a friend in this business that has a lot of windshield time
    & was getting bad headaches. i joaned gim my personal co monitor
    for a job he was going on 200 miles out & he found that the co levels
    in his truck were exeeding 150 ppm with the windows up & a/c on.
    got the truck fixed & no more headaches.

I've known people who drank too much dew or coffee and got headaches from too much caffeine or the sudden withdrawl from not having it in their system.

Sign petition to limit Congressional and Senatorial terms. http://www.termlimits.org/

"We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."--Martin Luther King Jr.

Jp--I thought I was getting enough hydration. I put down a gallon to a gallon and a half of water a day. As far as glasses go, I do wear sunglasses but no other glasses. I don't have any problems all day until I walk in the door and hit the cool air at home.

As to the neck traction device, I see a chiropractor regularly for those types of adjustments.

Simple duct tape applied to the old lady's mouth will solve the headache problem.

Try throwing a sports drink like Gatorade into the mix once in a while.

The water without other essential minerals can lead to trouble, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast