Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: goodman ?

Re: goodman ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by skippergallious
    my brother-in-law was still new to the HVAC business. but when he tightened the set screw on the shaft, he screwed me over cuz he did it on the round side not the flat.

How much did you pay him? Sounds like you screwed yourself, had you called a pro in the first place you'd have a warranty on the repair and no need to hunt down parts on your own. I never do work for freinds or family as they expect the work for nothing and complain about the price.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

well miller man, he owed me some work. i work in the hydraulic field myself and i had done alot of work for him and his employer...@ n/c. i didnt pay him for the labor, we sat around and drank a few brews. but i did have to buy the motor. no big deal.

i dont complain about the price. in fact if i cant try and do it in the first place, i will shop for a decent deal, not the best deal. usually the best deal is a bad deal.

and reality check please, if you go back to one of my earlier posts on this thread i mentioned that the unit was installed roughly 10 years ago. meaning it still has warranty. but i cant get ahold of the idiot who installed it and he isnt going to get any business from me. i also mentioned that i did seek help from an HVAC pro...my wifes cousin. he has done HVAC work for 13 years. but goodman is not a brand he recommends. he does do work on them, but it isnt a favorite of his.

so anyway, i guess my search continues....man alive, where do i store this excess skin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: Re: goodman ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by millerman
    Originally posted by skippergallious
    my brother-in-law was still new to the HVAC business. but when he tightened the set screw on the shaft, he screwed me over cuz he did it on the round side not the flat.

How much did you pay him? Sounds like you screwed yourself, had you called a pro in the first place you'd have a warranty on the repair and no need to hunt down parts on your own. I never do work for freinds or family as they expect the work for nothing and complain about the price.
    in addition, i didnt screw myself. i am not having to hunt down parts. i know where to go to get the correct parts, but its the "finding the problem" that i am having a problem with.

in regards to your personal business and how you charge your family or friends, i apologize to you for them, sounds like they dont appreciate it. i do appreciate work like that, in fact i use it as a learning experience. i look forward to many more learning experiences like them.

thanks for your input.

So basically, the OP is stating that his time is worthless and he does not mind being inconvenienced by inoperable HVAC equipment as long as he can eventually get it running by imposing on inept family members and professionals on HVAC forums.

Did I miss anything?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

hahahahha, only to the untrained eye robo

Another brand campaign thread??!
    Consumer reports??
    Sheesh, what a joke.
    There should be an information sub-site for trolls, DIY's and brand sluts relaying basic information on what is truth and fiction before allowing access to the main site.

ugly comment chillbilly...thought ya'll here like to help.

hrmmm, that would be interesting. does anyone here know any helpful DIY sites? interesting-g-g-g-g--g-g-ggggggg

Originally posted by gardenelf
    ugly comment chillbilly...thought ya'll here like to help.
    We do like to help. We just don't like to help DIYers get into more trouble then they already are in, aid and abett trolls spouting off misinformation or support techs who thing that by lying about other brands somehow makes the brand they prefer seem better.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

give it to a contractor

suck it up and have a contractor out , i think i know your problem and if i am right you should let whoever you have out know that you installed your own blower motor , there are variables involved in installing one that you may have overlooked , i am sure that you are smart and you have checked and double checked it but unless you know exactly what your looking for how can you be absolutely sure it is right ?

good point. thanks for being nice about it too. the only thing i could think of in regards to the blower motor would be the wiring for lo med or hi speed on the a/c. im not sure if i explained that properly. since my bro in law was new at this work, i did run it by my wife's cousin. he said it sounded right, but like everyone on here has said, a tech doesnt really know until he/she see's it.

i would also like to add that when i replaced the blower motor, which i didnt do alone, i was trying to fix the problem that was already there. could the blower motor still be the problem?

(im using the idiots process of Elimination)

[Edited by skippergallious on 10-20-2005 at 03:10 PM]

Man change out the dang fan sequencer and your done! is that what you want? this has been a problem with Goodmans for 15 years now can I go back to work?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast