I've got a Carrier Crusader. During the summer...the blower would not kick on even though the coils were cold. I had a tek come out and service the unit. He fixed (more or less)the problem by installing a RBM TYPE 91 Relay 90-340/91-901 coil 24 VAC. He said he saved me replacing the whole board by installing the new relay, but he by-passed something in the meantime and mentioned there may being an issue when it comes time to turn on the heat. Well, we tried the heat today, and wouldn't you know...the blower didn't work! Suprise! I noticed that the relay has 7 electical posts on top...two heavy wires (black and brown) are connected to two of the three posts on the front. There are two lighter wires (green and yellow) connected to two of the three posts on the back of the relay....there are two posts in he middle. Is this a matter of just moving the wires around to different posts to make the blower kick on for heat? I've run the self test and everything works in sequence exept the blower. Hope this makes sense....Mike

Senior Tech Guest
    The relay should never have been put on the unit. Have them replace the control board if it's bad.

For emergency purposes during the hot summer months, I may temporarily throw a basic relay into the system to bypass a bad board, but once the board is available, I am right back to the residence to make the appropriate fix.
    It is very apparent that the technician found the furnace board to be at fault and simply placed a basic relay into the system to allow you to get by for the summer months. You need to have the company come back and either finish the job correctly or contact another HVAC company to take care of it.
    The technician was probably doing you (what he thought) was a favor by getting you by on a cheap fix to allow you time to find a more appropriate time to dish out the funds for the control board.

When was the last time you had that unit cleaned and inspected?

Now you have a problem with the unit. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

how can we be talking about heat already ? it was over 90 today !

message to Jultzya; ...this a recording...recording., recording, re...........etc.

I think that jultzya is gonig to trademark or copyright his response

Dave here in pa we have been doing heat calls for about month,been doing furnace cleanings about 3 months