Johnson Controls N30 Pager Problem

Hmm

I have programed a couple of Johnson Metasys NAEs to call out to a pager service with the TAP protocol/number with minor problems, however I have a customer with a Johnson Metasys N30 Controller that wants paging also. I am pulling my hair out with the N30 and paging.
    Some background info:
    1.Customer wants pager call out over landline, does not want controller on company intranet. (hense no email paging)
    2. The N30 is currently pageing out via a "remote destination" to a numerical pager with a generic "911"
    3. N30 is connected to a Zoom v90 modem (m#2949)via port 2
    4. I have a small program that can call a TAP pager number and send a page. I have tested the Nextel TAP page number and it works at 1200, 2400 and 9600 Baud.
    5. I have defined a modem object and pager object with the correct numbers.
    6. The modem will call a number upon power up and then nothing. No calls for any generated alarms, nothing.

I have adjusted everything a I can access without luck. Anyone with some info, comments or even better an actual database that works?

The customer is running out of patience and I'm running out of hair...please help.

Zandman

I have been in your shoes before and not that long ago either. I had a lot of problems as well. The good news is I got it to work, now here comes the bad news, I forget what I did to make it work. The rest of the good news is I will look into it for you, I should have a copy of the database and we can gp over settings. What kind of pager is it? HAve you talk to JCI tech support to see if JCI supports the pager that you are using? Have you talked to the pager company and see if they can send a test message? Are you able to get at least numbers or won't it dial what so ever? While I look into finding out what I had to do to get mine to work give me some more info so I can help you on this.
    I Bleed Johnson Blue

N30 TAP Paging

I appreciate any help you can give me jciengineer.
    The company I/m trying to page is Nextel. I can send TAP messages to thier phone number it will page the phones so I know it at least works.
    The strange thing is that when I testing it again last night the N30 would not call out when any alarms are generated but will attempt to call when I disconnected the N2 bus from my DX-9100 paging a "device offline".
    I am hooked into the N30 via Hyperterminal so I see the alarms (and yes I tried it while disconnected too) but it only calls when a device goes "offline". The filters say "pass all" and I've tried different setting with no luck.
    Just for the record when it called out with a "device offline" it actually went through and page the phone. However it succeeded only twice in 20 calls.
    Does the modem need an additional INIT string?

Thanks
    Zandman

That is weird. what does the message say when the device goes offline? What alarm or alarms do you have set up that are not working, give me one or two examples. Have you tried setting up an alarm on lets say a temperature sensor and have you over rode the sensor for the alarm to be tripped? If so what happens? the database that I got to work is at home, I will have to take a look at it tonight. I don't thing the modem string has anything to do with this. What color is the modem, white or black?
    I Bleed Johnson Blue

A suggestion zandman... You don't need to post the same friggin question in all the forums here, just pick the most appropriate one! I thank you and the community thanks you!

I have the customers database loaded on my home N30 and one of the customers DX-9100 programs loaded on my DX-9100 simulator. I can trigger an alarm quite easily. I've triggered both analog alarm and digital alarms with no call out. I've triggered both serious and critical alarms with no call out. The filters on the pager object says "pass all" and I've tried different settings with that. I can see all the alarms when I connect via hyperterminal. Whether I'm direct connected or not the alarms don't work. The only time it will call out is when I disconnect the N2 bus from the simulator. Then it calls every time but like I said it only actually paged 2 out of 20 times. The page on the phone reads the DX name and "Device offline" time and date. Just what I want.

PS. When I use the computer and TAP it will page 100% of the time.

Zandman

The modem is black

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to look at my database like I said I was going to. I recently moved into a new place and I'm still getting things in order. I'll try my best to look at it tonight. This may se a silly question but in the alarm do you have the dial out question set to yes. If your modem is black then that is the latest Zoom modem and that is the one that I used when I got mine to work. If you have any more info keep feeding it my way, hopefully we can have this working by the end of the week. Like I said I'll look at my database and then I should be able to speak more intelligently on this subject.
    I Bleed Johnson Blue

one other thing, do you have the N30 port set for 9600? What is your retries set to. I know I had mine set for 3.
    I Bleed Johnson Blue