I have programed a couple of Johnson Metasys NAEs to call out to a pager service with the TAP protocol/number with minor problems, however I have a customer with a Johnson Metasys N30 Controller that wants paging also. I am pulling my hair out with the N30 and paging.
Some background info:
1.Customer wants pager call out over landline, does not want controller on company intranet. (hense no email paging)
2. The N30 is currently pageing out via a "remote destination" to a numerical pager with a generic "911"
3. N30 is connected to a Zoom v90 modem (m#2949)via port 2
4. I have a small program that can call a TAP pager number and send a page. I have tested the Nextel TAP page number and it works at 1200, 2400 and 9600 Baud.
5. I have defined a modem object and pager object with the correct numbers.
6. The modem will call a number upon power up and then nothing. No calls for any generated alarms, nothing.
I have adjusted everything a I can access without luck. Anyone with some info, comments or even better an actual database that works?
The customer is running out of patience and I'm running out of hair...please help.