Thread: What furnace would you put in your house?

Post Likes
    What furnace would you put in your house? I am more familiar with the major brands (York, Trane, Carrier). What smaller brands (i.e. less marketing cost) make a good product?

Post Likes
    Brand name is only secondary to proper installation.

Post Likes
    I would want to install one that I was familiar with, stock parts for, could get parts quickly if needed...

Other factors, one that's sized, installed and properly setup to run with-in the manufactures specifications.

Post Likes
    I think the best question is WHO?,not WHAT!If they say"Yeah, we know NATE and he's a great guy" RUN!!!!!
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Post Likes
    Since I can get them at a discount "and" they are one of the best furnaces on the market, I would install a Goodman GMV90 which is a two stage, variable speed furnace.

If there were no discounts involved, I would strongly consider the Rheem/Ruud modulating furnace even though it is not the most efficient...I love bells and whistles
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Where are you? Cold climate I'd probably lean toward's Rheem & Ruud's Modulator at 94% efficient and something like 13 levels of heat.

In a mild climate, 80% may be all you need. All brands make 80% 2 stage variable speed blowers.

In a steamy climate, a Bryant Evolution, Carrier Infinity or Lennox Signature have the best dehumidification capability.

And yes, proper sizing & install is critical to long life and comfort!

Post Likes
    Alright, RoBo. So you love Goodman. I'll bet you also loved early 90's frigidaire appliances too.
    Live for yourself and ask no one to live for you.

Post Likes
    I got a Lennox G series, 80% and I am happy with it, but I live in Arizona and only use it once in a while to take the chill out of the air for the kids.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in