Hybrid View

I want to change my filter on my Aprilaire Air Cleaner Model 2200. There is a recessed section near the top of the door that might suggest that one should grab on and pull the door straight back from the filter housing. Believing this to be the case I gave the door a pretty good pull but it didn't budge. There are no printed instruction on the unit that tells how to open the door.

I decided to stop and first read the Aprilaire owners manual to make sure that I didn't break the connectors that hold the door shut by forcing it. But there are no instructions in the owners manual that tells how to open the door for filter replacement.

Mind you, I can open the door but I don't want to break it and I thought it prudent to ask the question here on HVAC-Talk about how to remove the door before I end up having to buy a replacement door for the Aprilaire 2200.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Push down then pull EASY!

Thanks drk. I got it done! I found that the door wouldn't move down but I pulled it back until the connectors released. It appears that the needed action to remove the door is to pull the door directly away from the housing unit.

The filter has been in place almost a year and it was still pretty clot cleaner looking that I would have expected after this time interval. Seems like the filter is doing a good job of keeping the equipment clean as well.

Originally posted by drk
    Push down then pull EASY!
    They don't make them like that anymore. I hate the new design, it is to easy to break off one of the tabs.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Originally posted by mcginkleschmidt
    The filter has been in place almost a year and it was still pretty clot cleaner looking that I would have expected after this time interval. Seems like the filter is doing a good job of keeping the equipment clean as well.
    Carefull, they can be very hevily loaded with fine particles and not look dirty, but still have a very high pressure drop.

As long as there are not leaks after the filter, the equipment will stay clean forever.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Sorry have not put one in a while! (YEARS)