Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    They have not even shown up to your house yet. And you insult them already. That is my point.
    What would you think is one of these guys in this site is showing up at your house tomorrow ?

English please?

Also where was my insult? Saying I trust people on here more?

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    a "hands-on" situation. There are too many things that could be wrong, and without seeing the machine operate, impossible to give a diagnosis. I would wait for the tech to come out, then go from there.
    I agree. Way to many variables, and far to little information.

Quote Originally Posted by wreedlbz View Post
    Hello,

I recently purchased a home with a Lennox 12ACB48 unit. The unit would not cool very well so the sellers had it serviced and freon was added and fan motor replaced I believe. Vent temps went from mid 70s to 59-64 around the house. Today it was very hot outside (Houston TX) and the unit stopped cooling. It was blowing 84 out of most vents and the compressor was blowing somewhat cool air out the top. I turned the thermostat off and back on after a few minutes and everything seems to be fine for now.

Can anyone help me with what is going on? My uncle a competent engineer came over and put gauges on the system and they were OK he said. I have a service call scheldued with my home warranty, but I trust this site way more than any tech from the home warranty company.

Any ideas as to what is going on?
    You need much more than just pressure readings to know what is going on inside these new systems. I would wait for the Tech to get there and test the system. Then you will have more information for the forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgj View Post
    You need much more than just pressure readings to know what is going on inside these new systems. I would wait for the Tech to get there and test the system. Then you will have more information for the forum here.
    Tech was here today, said the coil in the attic is very dirty and needs to be cleaned for a fee of $.
    Last edited by beenthere; 07-13-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: price

No prices allowed in post.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

OK So the tech came about a month ago and said the coil was dirty and it needed to be cleaned. I let him clean it and the system ran fine for about a month now and it just did the same thing again. Fan running, but compressor not and not cooling. I shut the system off and sprayed it with a water hose and waited about 10 minutes and low and behold it is cooling again right now.

What could this be?

Could be a bad/weak electrical component. Call that same company back, and tell them its doing it again.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Get a good company to come out and test out your components. Also find out your superheat, subcooling and if there is a chart on the condenser, see if the condenser is performing accordingly to the temperature / pressure chart. Other electrical parts can be bad are like run capacitor, start capacitor or some relay system maybe in place. Ask them to test the compressor also.

Where do I get this chart?

Look on your condenser, unless the label has faded away.

My uncle came over and added a hard start kit. We are also going to replace the run capacitor next week.

I dont see the chart.

Well I just came home and it quit again. Fan was spinning but compressor was not running. Where to look now?

you NEED help!!!
    Don't annoy the combat veteran!!!!
    All gave some - Some gave ALL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast