Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lennox 12ACB48- Help

Hello,

I recently purchased a home with a Lennox 12ACB48 unit. The unit would not cool very well so the sellers had it serviced and freon was added and fan motor replaced I believe. Vent temps went from mid 70s to 59-64 around the house. Today it was very hot outside (Houston TX) and the unit stopped cooling. It was blowing 84 out of most vents and the compressor was blowing somewhat cool air out the top. I turned the thermostat off and back on after a few minutes and everything seems to be fine for now.

Can anyone help me with what is going on? My uncle a competent engineer came over and put gauges on the system and they were OK he said. I have a service call scheldued with my home warranty, but I trust this site way more than any tech from the home warranty company.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Insufficient info.

When the system stopped cooling, was the compressor running or just the outdoor fan?
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    Insufficient info.

When the system stopped cooling, was the compressor running or just the outdoor fan?

I dont know how to tell. The lines on the back of the unit that are normally moist when working properly were not. The fan WAS running.

Bump? Anyone else?

This is

a "hands-on" situation. There are too many things that could be wrong, and without seeing the machine operate, impossible to give a diagnosis. I would wait for the tech to come out, then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    a "hands-on" situation. There are too many things that could be wrong, and without seeing the machine operate, impossible to give a diagnosis. I would wait for the tech to come out, then go from there.
    If it helps I do not think the compressor was running. Just the fan. Do these units have some sort of overload protection on the compressor?

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I agree. Way to many variables, and far to little information.

I guess a better question I have is why did the unit quit, and then turn the thermostat to off then back on fix it?

Coil in the attic was very dirty and needs to be cleaned. Coudl this have caused it? I did change the filters to the 3m ones, maybe this cause it to be way too restrictive. I have changed back to the cheap filter until we clean the coil.

Quote Originally Posted by wreedlbz View Post
    Hello,

... I have a service call scheldued with my home warranty, but I trust this site way more than any tech from the home warranty company.
    If you trust the people on this site more than the technician, who comes to your house, then you are in the whole world of trouble.

Remember that this site requires a 16 post to become the pro. Idon't know what it take to be a pro in your city.

Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    If you trust the people on this site more than the technician, who comes to your house, then you are in the whole world of trouble.

Remember that this site requires a 16 post to become the pro. Idon't know what it take to be a pro in your city.

Hey thanks for posting something useful in regards to my AC. What I meant is people on here have nothing to gain by helping me and probably give me unbiased good info. As opposed to the random tech that comes to my house, he has my hard earned money to gain.

If you have nothing useful to say please stay off my thread. Your post doesnt help my AC cool or function any better.

Quote Originally Posted by wreedlbz View Post
    Hey thanks for posting something useful in regards to my AC. What I meant is people on here have nothing to gain by helping me and probably give me unbiased good info. As opposed to the random tech that comes to my house, he has my hard earned money to gain.

If you have nothing useful to say please stay off my thread. Your post doesnt help my AC cool or function any better.
    They have not even shown up to your house yet. And you insult them already. That is my point.
    What would you think is one of these guys in this site is showing up at your house tomorrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    They have not even shown up to your house yet. And you insult them already. That is my point.
    What would you think is one of these guys in this site is showing up at your house tomorrow ?

English please?

Also where was my insult? Saying I trust people on here more?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast