+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue tooth for your smart phone?

Post Likes

Blue tooth for your smart phone?

I had a Motorola H710, but the battery died after 3 years of total abuse so I need a new one. Actually, a year a go or so I "lost" it in the driveway, in the rain for a whole day, but it still worked until a couple days a go.

which one do you use and why do you like it.
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    I just bought the Cruiser II for my truck, I love it...

You are probably wanting something to make you look like Spock...I don't use 'em..I annoy people with my speaker phone...

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    I like this one because i can work with it on, its alot cheaper now than when i bought it, but im going to buy a few anyway.
    It doesnt always feel like its gonna fall off either, i freakin hate that.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    I like this one because i can work with it on, its alot cheaper now than when i bought it, but im going to buy a few anyway.
    It doesnt always feel like its gonna fall off either, i freakin hate that.
    uuum, which one? LOL

Post Likes
    Plantronic voyager pro, weird looking on you but excellent sound quality. available in non retail packing for a lot less money.

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klrogers View Post
    Plantronic voyager pro, weird looking on you but excellent sound quality. available in non retail packing for a lot less money.

Kevin

I saw that on Tiger Direct for $79, Im not sure I need something that sophisticated

Post Likes
    I LOVED my Jawbone....

.....until I lost it........

I'm looking right now, too.

Debating...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by klrogers View Post

Kevin
    Been using this one for about 2 years now... GREAT unit! You MUST use the cushion to seal the earpiece into your ear, or the noise cancelling circuit will not work properly.

Some folks at the other end say it is not that great... most cannot tell the difference.

When Apple brings out the new iphone, I will upgrade... It is down to one of these three:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/pla...-33628984.html

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/jaw...-33948081.html

And the pricy one:

http://www.slashgear.com/bose-blueto...view-29143244/

Here is a comparison of different headsets:

http://www.consumersearch.com/blueto...110711012607:s

There is a factory outlet Bose store in a mall not too far from me... probably will go there and look.

Of the three, I like the jawbone the least (just ugly)... I have the Plantronics and kinda like it... The Bose will have to be REALLY GOOD/GREAT to justify the cost.

BTW: I have been using a bluetooth for better than 5 years now... I am not sure I could get along without one... just used to it. I really enjoy talking to someone while I work... gets two things done at the same time.
    Last edited by ga-hvac-tech; 07-10-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Typo... as noted below... :)
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    BTW: I have been using a bluetooth for better than 54 years now... I am not sure I could get along without one... just used to it. I really enjoy talking to someone while I work... gets two things done at the same time.
    54 years? bluetooth??? I can remember motorola radios mounted in my truck that communicated with operators 100's of miles away. It would have been great to have blue tooth back then so I could be tripping out a dull drill bit and talking to my tool pusher at the same time................well maybe not, I probably would have killed one of my floor hands.

I wish that I could work and talk at the same time..............and so do alot of customers that I've worked for. I just aint that talented. I have to focus on what i'm doing or something doesnt get done right.

Glad you can.
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    54 years? bluetooth??? I can remember motorola radios mounted in my truck that communicated with operators 100's of miles away. It would have been great to have blue tooth back then so I could be tripping out a dull drill bit and talking to my tool pusher at the same time................well maybe not, I probably would have killed one of my floor hands.

I wish that I could work and talk at the same time..............and so do alot of customers that I've worked for. I just aint that talented. I have to focus on what i'm doing or something doesnt get done right.

Glad you can.
    The question you gotta ask... Was he REALLY doing two things... or has he chilled for the evening with a cold one (or two or three, etc)...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The question you gotta ask... Was he REALLY doing two things... or has he chilled for the evening with a cold one (or two or three, etc)...
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    Good catch though... We keep each other on our toes here...

Cheers to you also
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    ok, I ordered a Motorola H730 for $49 bucks plus $6.98 for ground shipping out of TigerDirect dot com

It has 14 hours of talk time and 2WEEKS of stand-by time.

On a scale of 5 (5 being the best) it had a rating of 4.8.

Like I said I had a H710 and I liked that a lot, The Plantonics Pro was just to much for me. Most of the higher end BlueTooths have Hi-Def sound quality, but I have Lo-def ears, so there was no point in buying the "good stuff"

anyway, it should be here in a few days and I'll come back with a product review then.

Thanx for the replies, good luck, have fun

Post Likes
    I like my iPhone 3GS, I've bluetoothed two different keyboards to it. Can't use earbuds, too much damage to my hearing over the years, and I get something that's like static in my ears. I have put the Earbuds inside noise canceling ear muffs, would be neat to have Bluetooth earbuds so I don't get caught with the wire going up. We still use the Motorola two-way radios.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in