Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When customers ask me to do this, I figure the cost of the job just like if I was supplying equipment then I deduct my cost for the equipment. If its a reputable brand, i'd give em a 1 yr warranty. If its some no-name brand I never heard of then they are on their own.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

I think we will pass on this job,we do it all or nothing. I would not take a steak to OUTBACK and ask them to cook it and then complain when they charged me just alittle less than if they sold me the steak.SORRY, just go to the race track or bar and hang out long enough and someone will do it for you. "Permits,we don't need no stinkin' permits."LOL
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Originally posted by hvac hero
    When customers ask me to do this, I figure the cost of the job just like if I was supplying equipment then I deduct my cost for the equipment. If its a reputable brand, i'd give em a 1 yr warranty. If its some no-name brand I never heard of then they are on their own.

i do it like this. make same profit as if i sold the unit but NO warranty at all.

I liked the first part of the question. Is a 90% worth it in the Delaware/Philly climate. To bad about the second part.

As a home owner and a non professional in HVAC I would rather get a contractor who provides the equipment, does the install and then performs the yearly maintenance. That way when something happens I know who to call for help and I expect him to help with problems and issues. That is part of what I am paying for. So far my HVAC Co has never let me down.

I am in the Del/Philly area and would like anyones thoughts about the payback for 80% vs 90%

ok.. i take back the offer.

i'm not doing the T&M subcontract anymore

so if any of you are interested....

the config i want is:

80% furnace (90000 BTU) & 10 SEER outdoor (3 ton)
    pending a full load calc.
    humidifier
    condensate pump

the other option I'm also considering is

Heat Pump - all electric and an electric backup
    or my current really old (from early 70s) gas furnace as the backup.

the access is very easy - just seems like a plain straightforward job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12