Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brian, actually not my job but my house. It's been a difficult process to go through. Trying to stay out of everyones way, but I do have an interest in the job being done right. The 90 degree have cocerned me. The house mechanicals were spec'ed by an engineer, but all the contractors want to change the plans. The first two pictures show air handlers in a third floor loft. The larger one services bedrooms beneath, and actually the small ducts in the second picture to the right are from that unit going over a beam(through the deck) The door will be framed for better access. The air handler in the ceiling is the one that concerns me. It's duct run go 180 degrees over the air handler to turn back 180 degrees the other direction. If that makes any sense to you. It appears the installer installs the duct and then figured out how the air handler will work.

it's kinda hard to tell, but are those Unico's ? Or maybe that new brand ?

I'll tell ya, I install alot of HV systems, and a 90 degree elbow like that is not something you want in your system. Also, and this is a huge deal, make sure that every seam on the entire system is sealed up tight. Besides the obvious air loss, it will whistle like a son-of-a-gun if it's not sealed up tight.

I use "spiral"pipe when I install my HV systems, but if I use a regular piece of pipe for some reason, i always seal the entire seam where it snaps together. I also use spiral 90's.

Making sure that there is enough lines per ton of a/c and making sure that the duct is run right is essential to the system working right. There is only so many ways they let you run the ducting, and they are very strict about how the lines are to be run and if there are lines with lenght added on to them, there is other considerations to think through.

It might already be installed, but make sure it's done right, or you'll regret it for the rest of it's life.

Brian, by spiral duct do you mean flex duct. In the plan the large air handler in the picture was turned the opposite way. The company turned it around for access to the plumbing lines I quess. But it required them to use 90's (180) to get to the supply line. They also Panned the joist space for the return, but I asked them to place duct work as was spec'ed. Was that the right choice. They are unico and appear to have enough outlets. My concern is the unit hanging from the ceiling. It has (90's) going over unit to have a sharp 180 going back the way it came out of the handler. They ran the duct first and adjusted to it after the fact. If it's not a problem I don't care but if there's a problem I rather rectify it now. Where in Mass. are you. You may be close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12