Thread: Any Help!

Post Likes
    I am posting this message in this Forum because 99.99% of you people seem to know your stuff.
    Here is the situation.I am out on the West Coast,I have 18yrs experience Installing Retro and Commmercial HVAC,but only have 2yrs Service exp. I am trying to get my c-20.I passed my Law exam but bombed on my Trade by 9%.Is there anyone that can E-mail me study material for the most recent Calif HVAC test? It seems that everyone out here in Internet Land can Help but they want to make a Buck in the process. Any info would help Thanks Email=

thewalkers

at

rinternet.com

hummmm... put it in your profile please... thx

[Edited by lusker on 10-16-2005 at 08:07 PM]

Post Likes
    Contact the state mechanical bureau where you live and request study information. Then, study and take your exam. Dont try and cheat yourself.

Post Likes

Purchase a copy of the technician certification book advertised at the top of each page of HVAC Talk. It applies to the technical areas of state contractor exams as well as technician certification exams.

There are only so many ways they can ask the same HVAC technical questions. So, most of what will appear on state contractor (HVAC) exams will be very similar to the certification exams.

In fact, this is so true that some local city exams are using the NATE Technician Certification exams as their city HVAC contractors license exam. At least for the technical testing.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by coolwhip
    Contact the state mechanical bureau where you live and request study information. Then, study and take your exam. Dont try and cheat yourself.
    All they will do is tell you to purchase a copy of Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.

Post Likes

Here is another resource for preparing for the CA HVAC contractors (C-20) exam.

http://www.palpublications.com/xcart...me.php?cat=251

I am serious. The CA state licensing board tells you to buy Modern Refrigeration & Air Conditioning to prepare for the C-20 exam. It is not the best book for the job but is what they recommend. They are not very helpful.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by NormChris
    Originally posted by coolwhip
    All they will do is tell you to purchase a copy of Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.

Not sure about the west coast Norm. Here in Michigan, they send you a pack containg suggested reading material in preperation for the state mechanical license exam.

Post Likes
    Thanks Norm C for your reply I am Nate cert for 2yrs now.
    I am sure that your book is very good,alot of fellow HVAC, er have referred me to you.Here is the thing I have the most currant Modern Refridgeration and Air Conditioning book,all 1200 pages. The C.A test asks alot of Code questions like what is the Max lengh of a dryer vent? things that are different per State. Thanks-again-Ray

Post Likes

You asked about the trade section. I assumed you ment the technical questions. The C-20 actually can be broken down into law, business & accounting, technical and code.

I lived and taught in California for 24-years. I wrote some of the technical section questions for the state board. That was about 12-years ago so they may have changed things somewhat.

Additionally, the state has Title 24 to contend with and that has just had new sections added to it as well. You need to study Title 24 and make sure you get a copy of the latest duct testing section.

Also, find out if California is still using the UMC or if they have switched to the international code and if the exams have been updated to match the code if it has been changed.

Post Likes

Thanks

The Current C.A test is a two part test The first was the Law-Business-accounting- 250 questions passed that no problem Its just the Trade part. Norm-Thank-you for your help There is so much info out here on HVAC- There are so many Hacks out here on the West Coast,C.A has to make there test hard or all the fly by-nights would have there c-20. I am looking for something
    directed towards the most current CA HVAC C-20 test. Thanks-Ray

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in