Hybrid View

Confused

hello, 1. i have a Luxaire G8C model forced air furnace and a Ritetemp prog. thermestat model 8050. at the beginning of heating season when i turn on the furnace for the first time and set the thermostat temp. above the prog. settings so the heat will turn on, here is the problem, the burners turn on and run for about 1-2 minutes and then shut off and the fan never turns on. no matter what i do i can not get the furnace to stay on. then a week later, i will come home from work and the furnace is on and operating properly. please help.
    2. i need a bypass humdifier for a 2,800 sq. ft. loose home. i need one that does not need to be drained (no floor drain or waste line nearby furnace) and one that i can install (but will get a prof. if need be)
    3. how do i set the duct dampers if i do not know which way they are turned in the duct.

Talking

lol sorry but had too

I assume your just a DIYer like me so don't expect much specific advice on here. On question number 2; I just bought the Aprilaire 400 and installed it myself. It was easy and I bought it on ebay for $147 from Furnace Whiz. Highly recommend them, they were and are very helpful. The 400 does not need a drain so it sounds like the right one for you. Don't forget the model 50 relay. email me with any questions. I have no connection to that company, but I just went through this. Erik Plymouth MA

Smile

thank you erik, i have been searching and i did see that one. you have giving some relief and hope, thanks again
    Ro

you're welcome

When was the last time you had that unit cleaned and inspected?

Now you have a problem with the unit and want to add features. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit and add the additional humidifier? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

ok, point taken, thank you