Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sman3 temp clamp junk

My temp clamp broke in 3 peices when I tried to use it.Anyone else had issues with temp clamp?I bought sman3 2 weeks ago.The plastic is what fell apart not hinge.

call their customer service, you'll probably have another in a day or so,

you could have a testo and have to send the thing back to them every time something ELSE went wrong with it
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Being using my sman3 everyday for a couple of weeks no problems with the clamps at all.

Quote Originally Posted by doinitright View Post
    My temp clamp broke in 3 peices when I tried to use it.Anyone else had issues with temp clamp?I bought sman3 2 weeks ago.The plastic is what fell apart not hinge.
    How big a suction line where you clamping onto. I do residential so I barley open it to clamp on to the line sets. If anything I am going to modifie the liquid clamp for the smaller line set.

7/8 line

I use the fieldpiece pipe clamp with my meter which I think is the same and it broke the other day when clamping to a 3/4 pipe. The plastic broke and now the metal strip with the wires kind of hangs there. It still works but I figure the wires will short out soon. Mine is a couple of years old so time for me to buy a new one. Just hoping to make it for another month.

There was a batch of ATC1s that made it out to the field with some weaker material. We discovered the problem, fixed the issue and this should not be a problem any more.

Give us a call and we will replace your broken clamp right away so you can get back up and going.

Ask for Russ or Travis 714-634-1844

Been using my SMAN3 for many weeks and taking temps on every call, all different line sizes. No problems on mine. Maybe you just got a bad one.

Mine is the ATC2. I think it was just old age.

I have had mine for a few months now no problems and I use it on 1 3/8 inch copper.

I lost my case on a windy roof at the mall so they just hang in the truck. Seem very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by ault51 View Post
    There was a batch of ATC1s that made it out to the field with some weaker material. We discovered the problem, fixed the issue and this should not be a problem any more.
    Chinese assembly line substitution?

Well talked with Fieldpiece on tuesday and guy said they would next day air me two new temp clamps that were checked to make sure there were not bad.Its Friday night and no temp clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    Being using my sman3 everyday for a couple of weeks no problems with the clamps at all.
    We're lovin' ours !!
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast