+ Reply to Thread

Thread: york. pumping system down

Post Likes

york. pumping system down

I need to pump system down but doesn't have standard Valves. I think there packed angle Valves.I took off nut to close high pressure side and then try to pump down but it would only pump down so far. I left nut on low pressure side wasgoing to take off nut to close Valve but never achieved complete pumpdown. Any ideas would be appreciated e.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jay729 View Post
    I need to pump system down but doesn't have standard Valves. I think there packed angle Valves.I took off nut to close high pressure side and then try to pump down but it would only pump down so far. I left nut on low pressure side wasgoing to take off nut to close Valve but never achieved complete pumpdown. Any ideas would be appreciated e.
    How long is the line set? And you sure you are closing a liquid service valve and not a discharge?

Post Likes
    Liquid line is closed. Lineset bout 20ft.

Post Likes
    Are you trying to recover the refrigerant or pump the refrigerant into the condenser?

Certain York condensers had piercing needle valves that will not allow the user to pump refrigerant into condenser.

With those types you must recover refrigerant into tank or perhaps use a pinch off tool.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in