Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If I am not mistaken Mike Holmes (Holmes on homes / Holmes Inspections) is doing a similar thing here in Canada to encourage kids to get into the trades.

Sad thing is some that get INTERESTED after seeing these 2 guys are more interested in having a TV show than having to work in a trade.

I do work in a lot of schools , trades / tech classes are dying off , lots of COMPUTER classes ( net surfing 101 ) but TRADES are really sad.

1 school sold off 2 complete machine shop classes full of equipment , students not signing up as it was DIRTY work , Auto shop is no more than orientation for a job at QUICKY LUBE , welding have 1 that the EX fans have not been turned on in 3 years , classroom / shop looks like a ghost town.

Sad to think of when I went to High School 3 bay auto shop , 2 welding shops , 2 machine shops , Carpentry shop , Drafting , (Electrical , Electronic , Civil ) , Electronics shop.

BTDT.

All in All, couldn't be more proud of the ones we got while they were in HS Vo-Tech and have worked through they apprenticeship program and got their Journeymans licences.

And some kids surprise you by going into a trade. Friend of mine son never showed any interest in what we were doing if we broke out the tools to do something at their house. He would just stay in the house and play on the computer.

All of a sudden at the end of grade 11 he decided that he wants to be an electrician, took the pre-apprentice in grade 12 and is currently finishing up his 2nd year apprentice and enjoying it. Company he is working for is commercial so he has had some out of town work, and the j/m he is working with is teaching him all sorts of things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12