Thread: Android GzOne

Android GzOne

Its time for a new phone..
    I currently have the original Droid..its been good to me.
    I have been looking at the Casio GzOne Commando.

Anyone else have it? Any reviews?
    This would be a personal phone not for work

Comando

I now have officially come over to the darkside and have this "smart" phone.
    It is ok I guess but It is my first one so I really dont know whats great and whats not. It does do a good job of being a hot spot for my lap top. I like the quick access to my recent calls, as my phone rings every 15 minutes these days.The one thing that I dont really care for is that the battery life is shorter than my old G'zone. The support from verizon sucks as usual. Nobody knows how to use the phone or where the online manual is. Everything is geared to buying things which I dont participate in. I really think Verizon sucks and that one of these days there will be a class action suit against them for raping all of us.I dont text so no input there, my old,sore, bent and chubby fingers just cant hit the right key no matter how hard I try.

But this is my first time at being the old guy with the coolest new phone.

Still looking for some " really" usuable HVAC apps that have some substance
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Only ones i use for work are:
    Navaile Electrical Calculator
    Ohm's Law
    ConvertPad
    AccuWeather
    All of them are free...i don't/wont pay for aps.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    Its time for a new phone..
    I currently have the original Droid..its been good to me.
    I have been looking at the Casio GzOne Commando.

Anyone else have it? Any reviews?
    This would be a personal phone not for work
    I've had it for a few months now. Best smartphone I've own, so far. It is indeed rugged. I have thrown it in my neighbors deep end, dropped it off a 20' roof, and have had numerous heavy things press against it in my pocket. No screen or body protection on it. Not a scratch on the screen, but the corners are a little scratched up.

The battery life it great. I can go a full day on a charge w/ average internet, text, and call use. (Unlike my old iphone and my wife's 4g phone) The speaker on it is the loudest I have ever heard. I throw the XM app on and set on a unit w/ no problems hearing it.(Much safer than headphones) I would suggest you also purchase the cradle. It makes for easy charging when home.

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    The one thing that I dont really care for is that the battery life is shorter than my old G'zone. The support from verizon sucks as usual.
    As far as the battery life......it will never be as good as a the other Casio's. The one thing you need to do through is manually close apps that you aren't using through setting or download a app that makes it easier. That will hugely improve battery life.

Here's a link for the manual- http://nec-casio-mobile.com/support/...MMANDO_Eng.pdf

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    As far as the battery life......it will never be as good as a the other Casio's. The one thing you need to do through is manually close apps that you aren't using through setting or download a app that makes it easier. That will hugely improve battery life.

Here's a link for the manual- http://nec-casio-mobile.com/support/...MMANDO_Eng.pdf
    Thanks
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook