Thread: Rheem/Mod 75,000 //Rheem Mod105,000

Post Likes

Confused

Ay,ay ay! No one wants to do a heat/loss calc in Cleveland area(for a couple hundred bucks they will) I have had 3 estimates on the Rheem Mod.:1. Gave me a price but no details on size of unit. 2. Suggested a 75,000 btu unit but this contractor says he just doesn't like the Mod all that much 3. Reccomends a 105,000 btu unit and also believes that the Mod isn't all that great," something is guranteed to go wrong with the Mod in the next 5 years, because they have not worked out the "bugs" in the Mod" says contractor number 3. Mind you, these are all official Rheem dealers and all 3 of these contractors deal exclusively in Rheem products. I am making a very valiant effort to follow the advice of many of you in this forum to buy the Mod, but it has not been such a pleasant adventure down Mod lane. Why is there no consistency? Price is not the issue, confidence in the contractors advice and their abilities is! Is there a question I could present to a HVAC contractor to sort of screen his abilities? If so, could someone post it along with the answer I should get when I pose that question. Phew!!! Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Likes
    I cannot imagine a company that deals exclusively with Rheem that would say the mod is a problematic furnace.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I agree with Robo on that... If everything is installed right, it should work fine.

You can download your own program for the heat lost/gain above on HVAC Clac red buton.. Only $50!

Post Likes
    I am a HVAC Contractor & with the increase in gas prices coming this winter, I knew I would be changing my 80 plus Carrier furnace. I bought me a Rheem Mod 90+. Its sitting in my garage right now. Gonna put it in within the next week or so. I had my pick of any furnace & that was the one I wanted. I talked with Baldloonie about it & he said its actually about 94%, which should be right up there with the highest efficiency out there. I'm excited about installing it. Its supposed to be the ultimate in comfort.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Post Likes
    I do understand that it comes highly recommended here,but the contractors I get estimates are not very excited about it. Should I keep looking for a contractor who truly believes in the Mod. or choose one of the outfits who have already given me estimates on it and "force" them to install it? Are they afraid of its technical powers? They all strongly recommend I purchase the 10 yr parts/labor warranty on the Mod because its parts are so expensive.

Post Likes
    There could be several reasons they dont like it and it starts with not understanding it. The thing about the Mod is that it requires training prior to installation by contractors. Some contractors believe it or not are to cheap to send their techs to training and therefore cannot sell them. The bugs? The furnace has been around for about 8 years. How long do they think it will take?

Stay with it and find the right contractor.

Post Likes
    Doc is right about what he just said.

I'd ask the owner if they have someone who knows the mod furnace, and ha training... If he says no, then I would contact Rheem. and see what they can do for you.

Post Likes
    Dont call them, go to their web site and punch in your zip code.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in