+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier 19DH chiller

Post Likes

Confused Carrier 19DH chiller

Good day.
    Can anyone tell me why there are 2 Refrigerant sight glasses on the 19DH Carrier Chiller?

Post Likes
    Not real sure about your unit you got there. But I would think something like one is for unit shutdown refrigerant level and the other while unit has been running. To determine proper charge. Call Carrier and look in IOM.

Post Likes

Sight glasses on a 19DH

Ruol- They had them on special blue light sale that year at K-Mart.-GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Post Likes
    depends where they are at

Post Likes
    Actually I thought it was the 19DG that had the sight glasses? My memory is fading, but...

They use two sight glasses instead of using one really large one. The level has a range that is acceptable, and the level will change with different operating conditions. As long as it's visible in either glass your fine. Also you should only use this as a guide, you still need to check approach, discharge superheat and water flows to get the full picture.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga1279 View Post
    Ruol- They had them on special blue light sale that year at K-Mart.-GEO
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Post Likes
    I found these sight glasses very useful, I miss them on newer machines.
    I agree with Chiller Man about approach,but to me there is nothing like seeing
    where level acually is. Hard to detemine sometimes with just one sightglass.

Post Likes
    It almost all comes down to pressures and temperatures. Obtain all your Approaches, Condenser, Cooler and yes, Cooling Tower. Get all of your Delta Ps and Delta Ts. Check your Discharge SuperHeat. Always consult with your manufacturers with that one because some factor with Saturated Condensing Temperature from the Discharge Line Temperature and some factor with Saturated Discharge Temperature from the Discharge Line Temperature.

Post Likes
    In the manual it says something about the bottom sight glass is for checking charge when the unit is not running and i think the top one is just kinda of a way to see in when the unit is running to see the refer going over the tubes.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in