Carrier Infinity Media Cabinet - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by kapdan
    seaton heating - if you had actually read (that is if you can read) my original post, you would have ralized it was for help with the media filter cabinet only. My horizontal filter is installed properly which I assume even you can do even though it is not a requirment for your lisence, that is if you have one. You seem to be the typical forum know it all that has answers and opinions for everything. Did you ever notice in other forums that the best in the business never respond to the forums of their own expertise i.e. Michael Shumacher, Curt Schilling, Tiger Woods. Many of the people that answer forum questions not only on this site but others as well are cronic underacheivers. Look in the mirror dude.
    Take a look at the wall of pride. There are no underachievers there. Your opinion of other website could be completly false. Perhaps it is the cream of the crop, that rises to help people, that take their free time to post here.

christheheatingdud - the filter cabinet is installed. The media cabinet came as an option. I did do a combustion analysis and will send you a copy if you like. That being said I also checked for CO leaks. The Testo 350 XL is a top emission portable emission tester. I did not do a temp rise but, the system if functioning fine. What emission tester do you have? The quality of the installation is better than most I have seen because it was my own house and I could take the time to make sure the components fit properly and not just tape up the voids. The HVAC installer I am working with, who is lisenced, gave it a very good passing grade.

Honestly I have no problem with a guy doing his own install uder the capable supervision of a pro. I think everyone uderstands the idea of saving some money.

It just seemed an odd sort of question based on the fact that the install was complete. Just seemed kind of an after thought.

Glad that you have a new hvac system. You should be very happy with the Carrier!

Yes I have a Kane May Combustion analyzer.

what is the model number?It does matter.
    Take your time & do it right!

What A Horses Ass!

Maybe it's time for you guys to get down off your high horse and realize that what you do is sometimes not that difficult.
    Don't you just love it : -)
    WOW he owns a Testo : -) But it's running fine No Temp rise, guess it's experience telling him it's running fine...

Like it was said " The simplest task and yes it comes with installation instructions and he's asking for assistance...

.................................................. ................................KAPDAN

AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Questioning my abilites huh? That's funny. By the way, when you have your oil changed. Do they sign the paperwork upon completion then install the oil filter after the fact? Oh wait, you probably do that yourself because it is so simple.

jr ben - I actually thought this was a DIY forum. If I am wrong, sorry, my mistake.

Chrisheating - thank you for understanding that someone without an HVAC license can do this work with some supervision. I am having my HVAC guy inspect my work and change things that he deems incorrect. Construction projects from new construction to remodels all require inspection along the way. A private individual without an A&E (airframe & engine) license can build an airplane in his garage as long as an FAA inspector certifies the work in stages along the way and signs off on it.

markwolf - the furnace is a Carier 58MVP 080-20 with a 38TDB compressor.

alltemp - why don't you put one temp probe where the sun don't shine and the other one in your big mouth and tell me the Delta T.

Hmm Go Figure

jr ben - I actually thought this was a DIY forum. If I am wrong, sorry, my mistake.

alltemp - why don't you put one temp probe where the sun don't shine and the other one in your big mouth and tell me the Delta T.

For a guy that comes into a HVAC forum doesn't read the rules, installs a high caliber HVAC system without understanding or knowing squat you sure have a lot of answers...

Would you like some cheese with that wine ?

Fellow buys a sweet system like the 2 speed puron Carrier installs it and when it fails... He's gonna scream Carrier is crap, go figure... I love this trade!
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

alltemp - The whole system is completed and up and running perfectly except for the humidifier which I have not purchased yet, thank you very much. I went with Carrier at the suggestion of my HVAC guy who felt is was the best system out there. I do not have any problems with Carrier. Alltemp, I think the "whine" you hear, and it is spelled with an H, is from all that hot air escaping through your mouth. I have not complained one bit in this thread. The only complainers are yourself and a few other underachievers. Try to keep your head out of your butt when that happens or you will have some real serious side effects i.e. terminal flatulence. I'm still waiting for the Deltat T #'s.

How many rocket scientists does it take to install a filter?

Kap,with your attitude, you will not get any help here, maybe go argue on some other forum.

Go give those under acheiving golfers some hell
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

carnak - It is only the media filter cabinet that I am asking about. My attitude is only towards other that seem to have an overly high opinion of themselves and their work. Most of us have gone to a trade school and more as well as having years of experience. I appreciate that. My problem is that some people do not read the actual question, which kinda sounds like you, where I am not asking how to install a filter but the media filter cabinet. Different questions. I had an old teacher that used to pass out "RTFQ" (read the f%^&ing question) cards during exams as his way of helping the over zealous test takers.

kappy barra

I read well enough to know that the words 'not rocket science' are a death knell for home owners with respect to getting an answer here.

You are now just here to argue and get your last word in.

[Edited by Carnak on 10-17-2005 at 01:55 PM]
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

carnak - It is only the media filter cabinet that I am asking about. My attitude is only towards other that seem to have an overly high opinion of themselves and their work. Most of us have gone to a trade school and more as well as having years of experience. I appreciate that. My problem is that some people do not read the actual question, which kinda sounds like you, where I am not asking how to install a filter but the media filter cabinet. Different questions. I had an old teacher that used to pass out "RTFQ" (read the f%^&ing question) cards during exams as his way of helping the over zealous test takers.
    I like to help underachieving home owners with RTFI because the instructions are in the box.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast