Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The hose for the pump goes up and towards the laundry room (the slab you see behind the furnace is the floor of the next level of the house, and just beyond the sheetrock you see is the laundry room), where it goes into the same drainpipe as my washing machine (the chimney is basically in the laundry room, so that will give you some frame of reference).

It is hard to say anything from the pics, But YOU should notice a comfort difference and if you don't get a tec in that can set up your furnace. There are issues I would have but I don't know who you had install this.We don't (or at least I don't know the the model or size of your unit) But I really hope you have a variable motor. I have just signed up on this forum and I would like to know how your furnace was sized? please note that I am not saying it is a bad install but not to notice a difference from what you had to what you have just blogges my mine. I get calls from most customers to say what a difference and if they don't call within 3-4 weeks I call to varify.

Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    personaly i think your contractor did a nice job. retrofit is not easy and seems he replaced what he felt need to be replaced. eveything looks tight and sealed up and he took the time to make it look as nice as he could. it is hard to see the intire job from a picture but from what can be seen he did good
    good luck with your new system
    the humidifier looks ok also and should not pose a problem either.
    DITTO!!!!
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

pg
    welcome nice to have another here

Originally posted by ryan_the_furnace_guy
    Originally posted by dec
    SSU DISCONNECT REQUIRED WHERE YOU ARE ?
    No. Not if protected by a HACR breaker.

ok so you got me there.... whats a hacr breaker.... are you talking breakers, like in an electric furnace? never have heard hacr breakers?

They are special Eletrical Panel Breakers that are designed to use in the HVAC industry.

As far as the comfort level in the house, I really don't know what to say. We didn't really get the new furnace for comfort reasons, but rather that we had some money, and the 30-year-old one in the basement didn't look or sound like it was going to make it another winter. I'd rather do it now than some February night. I did not opt for the variable speed fan, because I didn't think the extra money was worth it for the benefit I'd see (more constant temperature, maybe some reduced electricity use, etc.)....because of this group, I 'upgraded' what I wanted put in to a 90%+ efficient (I originally was shopping for 80%) and I'm lining the chimney. So thanks all for that!

There are new photos up at:
    http://pages.cthome.net/jclancy/

I'll be speaking with the contractor later this week when he comes back to do the chimney liner, so any thoughts on what to say re: the need for a larger return, etc. are welcome!

And any thoughts on that set of chimney photos (scroll down that page)...could those non-aligned pieces of lining be where my water leak is?

I am sure with the chimmey like that, it's why you are getting water in the house.. Hear you had a lot of rain last week!

I wouild run a liner up, and put a metal cap on top and run the pipe though the cap.

Originally posted by jultzya
    They are special Eletrical Panel Breakers that are designed to use in the HVAC industry.
    and the breakers will say HACR Type somewhere on them. An electrician told me that all breakers manufactured today are HACR type.

From the pictures there are some things I would have done differently, but the item that really needs to be addressed is the...

RETURN DROP!

Does it snow where you're at, the combustion air and exhaust are supposed to be 12" above the highest anticipated snow fall not a big problem to correct.

Should be in the install instructions.
    Did you say New England

Originally posted by mayguy
    I am sure with the chimmey like that, it's why you are getting water in the house.. Hear you had a lot of rain last week!

I wouild run a liner up, and put a metal cap on top and run the pipe though the cap.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking too....that's not what a masonry liner is supposed to look like, right? I would assume it's supposed to be more flush than that?

Yes, we've had about a foot of continuous rain in the last week.

Originally posted by pjs
    Does it snow where you're at, the combustion air and exhaust are supposed to be 12" above the highest anticipated snow fall not a big problem to correct.

Should be in the install instructions.
    Did you say New England
    Yes, central Connecticut. I thought they looked low also, but it's PVC, so I'm assuming that if it really presents a problem, all we need to do is buy an angle and go up a foot or two, right?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast