I am looking to pick up a line of moderately priced building controls and am looking into Basys. Anyone with comments on this product line? How is there service, are they responsive to you and your customers needs etc... How reliable is their product? I love Johnson and Honeywell for larger projects but need to find something to fill that niche that exists between a programmable thermostat and full building automation.

Where you located?

TCS/Basys is a great SMALLER control system , they offer good service , decent pricing and have a good array of controllers for stand alone / networked jobs and will adapt or design new controls to meet your needs.

I have used TCS products since the mid 1980's , have 1,000 s of their sensors installed ( on various BIG control systems ) with few failures.

Only thing they need to improve is to update the REV PRO software for site operation , they have UBIQUITY for web service and it works nice.

[Edited by Control Man on 10-15-2005 at 09:59 AM]

I am located in Indianapolis

I want to use these to control a project that I am bidding on. Basically it will control 5 to 6 air rotation units, a direct fired mua, some exfiltration fans and the DX units for the air turnover units. I have fellow tradesmen that I think alot of and he is very happy with them. I was just looking for confirmation.

If you are familiar with Honeywell, have you considered their LCBS line?

tlp261- enlighten me on that particular line of Honeywell control

For starters, I'd recommend that you visit http://customer.honeywell.com, and from the menu bars select Products, then Buildings, then Building Automation, and finally Light Commercial Building System. Or use the Product Search field for LCBS. Either way returns links to details on the controllers and software. Let me know if you need more.

Jon,

If you are already familiar with the Johnson line of controls, you should really look into their TEC line of controllers. They appear to be marketed under the nex Facility explorer brand.

These communicating thermostats reside on N2-open or Lontalk networks and appear to cover a plethora of applications.

The Product Bulletins seem to say the TEC stats are N2 but doesn't mention Lon.

You might compare them to the Honeywell T7350 which are Lon and are programmed with plug-ins.

jon,

you should take a look at Solidyne - http://www.solidyne.com

their product would be a nice fit for your application.

very inexpensive to get started with them.

http://www.viconics.com

thay have bacnet and lon

What is an 'air rotation unit"?

Tcs is pretty relable and easy to set up, SZ-2181 is a neat AHU controller with enough I/O's for most applications.
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...