+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "our landlord insisted we use His hvac guy"

Post Likes

"our landlord insisted we use His hvac guy"

dont you hate it when you loose a job to somebody else, then you come back to see some crap like this : /

and it doesnt keep up above 95 degrees,
    and that is the filter access side of the lennox next to it /facepalm
    The average person has one testicle, and one ovary.

Post Likes
    the original was a York, if they'd of got another York, or at least something that sat the same direction it would've been ok. but the Carrier sits sideways on the old footprint. and for me, the York and the Carrier was almost the exact same price. maybe this guy does more business with Carrier and gets a "better Price."

Post Likes
    looks like the stuff the co i USED to work for does...

Post Likes
    Almost as bad as this one. I took pics and turned it in to the building dept. That electrial wiring is special, along witht the open gas line.

If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    I think the worst thing invented was the adapter curb. What is the big deal of removing the old curb and installing a new one? It's not like these things don't leak and cause all manner of problems. Or maybe the same brand of equipment could be installed on the curb?

I am a Lennox dealer, but if the price has to be close, I will install a Carrier or a York to match the existing curb if it matches up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AtticAce View Post
    I think the worst thing invented was the adapter curb. What is the big deal of removing the old curb and installing a new one? It's not like these things don't leak and cause all manner of problems. Or maybe the same brand of equipment could be installed on the curb?

I am a Lennox dealer, but if the price has to be close, I will install a Carrier or a York to match the existing curb if it matches up.
    When built and installed properly there is nothing wrong with a curb adapter. You are truly going to cut the roof up and install a new curb for a new unit? Re tarring a large area if necessary? or cutting a rubber roof and inviting a leak? It could add another 1K to the price in some cases. What if the tenate is responsible for the replacement and the building owner will not allow any modifications to the roof?

Post Likes
    Well if you gowith the original maufacture you may still need
    An adapter curb. But it will be less drastic

Post Likes
    Love the disconnects, pretty ace work there. Will be fun for the guy that will have to work on the old unit too. Am I missing the sealtite connector going into the new unit or is it actually just shoved in there?
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Post Likes
    /agree
    it annoys me when people wont spend the extra $200 some-odd bucks
    to get a new Fused disconnect.
    what you barely see is the #10 green wire reaching over to connect to the frame of the lennox as the "ground"

the original york unit had the electrical coming up through the curb into
    the bottom of the unit, another thing that annoys me even though its
    designed to be that way. (hate to think i have to connect the wires with
    the crane hanging the unit over me while i reach under it.)
    So this fella just drilled a hole out the side of the adapter curb and looped
    it to one side for the old disconnect and then back to the other side of the
    unit where the power connects. just sort of tucked into the gap side of the curb adapter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in