Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    With that reasoning, only a few select customers should buy high eff a/c's.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Just wondering... "if" we are discussing moving in 4-5 years (moved in this house in 1999), does a newer furnace have a good return on investment? For example, if I paid $2000 (just a fake figure) on a furnace, and moved... would I at least get that back when I sold the house based on it's a "newer furnace"?

Oh, and my house is a 1,100 square foot ranch w/ a basement and currently has a 75,000 BTU furnace in it... My furnace guy said that 75,000 is all that I would need... The basement is finished, so, should I take that in consideration when figuring out the BTU's?

Thanks...

Bill

Thumbs up Great Common Sense Advice

Originally posted by beenthere
    Go with the 90% furnace.
    When its time to replace the a/c, get a heat pump instead.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Originally posted by spacescape
    Just wondering... "if" we are discussing moving in 4-5 years (moved in this house in 1999), does a newer furnace have a good return on investment?
    My thought is NO. You appraisal value of your home assumes you have a good working furnace. It's not likely you'll be able to charge more than the appraisal value. I just sold a house, and nobody cared about the new furnace. If you are in a competitive housing market, you may have an easier time selling your house when you advertise that it has a new Ultra-High Efficiency furnace that will cost 100s less to operate than a similar home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12