Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long before Pro membership approval?

Just wondering what the usual wait time is. I applied 4 days ago but haven't heard anything.

Do I have to go through the usual background checks like TSA, CIA, FBI, DMV, GPA, EPA and American Legion??? Juuuust kidding.

Am I just being impatient?
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

I had two pro members that I know in RL, that it can be from 30 seconds to a while.
    Just keep hanging on and maybe send a email to the committee's gmail account in a few weeks if you hear nothing.

It is a test to see how long it takes you to read the sticky that is right above this thread..

To speed things up a bit pull a search and find out what thread RoBoTeq is on and get on there and agree with him and tell him "wow that is right" and so on. He usually hangs out in the ARP forum. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post
    ...Am I just being impatient?...
    Yep !

Go here for all the answers to your question http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=534272
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    Yep !

Go here for all the answers to your question http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=534272
    Actually that is not much of an answer.
    Nice description of problems the committee has had in the past, and past failures of applicants, but not an answer by any stretch of the imagination.

And IIRC, I think there is a thread or two I started, that I can't access, because they are in the pro forum. Which did not exist back when I joined, IIRC.

Folks are going to ask, as a moderator on several game and tech boards I know this. As an owner of two boards, I know that vetting is important. But as a person,. I also realize that a simple statement saying it takes at least "x" amount of time before the committee decides, goes much further aiding folks apprehensions and worry, than a list of reasons why folks have been rejected or delayed in the past.

All I can point out is that would you leave a customer hanging out in limbo with no call or notification?

Guys,

Please remember that the people who make this site work ( administrators, moderators and the various comittee members) are all volunteers.

We do the same job that you guys do and, given the weather, we are just as busy as you guys are.

Cut them a little slack. You WILL receive a notification e-mail one way or another.

Have you maybe checked your spam?

I check my mail every day, and have the committee's email address whitelisted.
    Rules say members joining after 2006, yadda, yadda, yadda.
    I joined in 2005.
    I figure it takes however long as it takes.
    But I also feel that the vague and no answer to "usual length of time" is poor policy.
    Would you take a "it will get here when it gets here" answer from a supplier?
    Would you tell a customer that?
    Folks get slapped down for asking questions on the open forum, and are told to join the pro, then are left in limbo.
    That doesn't seem professional to me. And I am a mod on several forums and owner of two.
    And every forum I am a member of, mod on, an admin for or an owner, has a clearly stated time consideration for new members.
    Some it is "within 2 weeks" some it is "when the H$&^ I feel like it", and others are "within 15 days of application you will receive approval, further questions or rejection for your membership application".
    And every one is all volunteer and done for free.

It all depends on the work load of the membership committee. They have jobs and family that come first. Now, guys that start threads about this usually go to the bottom of the pile.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    It all depends on the work load of the membership committee. They have jobs and family that come first. Now, guys that start threads about this usually go to the bottom of the pile.
    Fair enough.
    Noting that I did not start the thread, lol.

But really, a statement saying all memberships are reviewed and approved/denied or further clarification and information requested within 30 days, 60 days, 90 days is too hard?

The vagueness is the issue most folks have. They see you , and roboteq posting a lot, then see no action on the pro request. Makes them antsy. And no response from the application, confirming it has been received.

Two things that lead to these type threads:

1) no clearly stated time for approval/rejection (even if time stated has no real relation to time that it takes).

2) no confirmation that pro approval request has been received by committee.

If everyone who applied got an email stating, "We have received your request, and we will either approve, reject or request further information within 90 days (or whatever number)", then they would know not to start threads about the topic for at least 89 days.

Quote Originally Posted by stonewallred View Post
    Fair enough.
    Noting that I did not start the thread, lol.

But really, a statement saying all memberships are reviewed and approved/denied or further clarification and information requested within 30 days, 60 days, 90 days is too hard?

The vagueness is the issue most folks have. They see you , and roboteq posting a lot, then see no action on the pro request. Makes them antsy. And no response from the application, confirming it has been received.

Two things that lead to these type threads:

1) no clearly stated time for approval/rejection (even if time stated has no real relation to time that it takes).

2) no confirmation that pro approval request has been received by committee.

If everyone who applied got an email stating, "We have received your request, and we will either approve, reject or request further information within 90 days (or whatever number)", then they would know not to start threads about the topic for at least 89 days.
    It is what it is, RoBo can post all he wants, I also know that he does most of the acceptance emails on the weekend. There are also two other committee members that have to look at the applications and review the posts by said member.

Once accepted an Administrator has to manually change site permissions.

It usually takes a few weeks, they are running the membership show, they are doing an exceptional job, be patient.

There is no formal time frame.

Stonewallred and cooked, are you two really serious!?

Both of your applications came in less then 4 days ago on a holiday weekend, and you are complaining?

And now you have the nerve to suggest that a volunteer group take even more of their personal time by adding even more to the process?

The only reason I bothered to address you two was because I was asked to by someone I highly respect. I will not address any more of these types of self centered threads again.

NO! No smiley for you!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Impatience is not becoming.

This is a free site.

One should not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast