Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chet

Check your EMAIL , I scanned the flow / pressure drop charts and sent them.

Yes, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Chet

Here is the info on Chiller #2 that will not chill water down after switching over from #1 chiller that is running fine. Heres the conditions the Chiller #2 is running at right now:

Load set 60%
    Evap pressure: 11" Vacuum
    Condenser pressure: 10 PSIG
    Oil Pressure: 13PSIG
    Condenser Refrigerant Temp: 84 DegF

Condenser Water Temp inlet: 73 DegF
    Condenser Water Temp outlet: 76 DegF

Evaporator Water Temp inlet: 58 DegF
    Evaporator Water Temp outlet: 54 DegF

Condenser Water Inlet Pressure: 52 PSI
    Condenser Water Outlet Pressure: 42 PSI

Note: Both chillers had the Condensers tube brushed at the end of last season by another contractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiller Guy View Post
    You should be able to pick up fouling by using the approach.

What problem are you having? Perhaps we can help!
    Life is too short not to enjoy life to the fullest - Don't be bogged down dealing with difficult people -who try to inflict their problems in life onto you or other good people...

"Instead return the mutual respect to the good people who respect you - Forget about the one's who won't" .....what Chet lives by.....

Did you get the EMAIL ?

Yes I did thank you, Chet

Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    Did you get the EMAIL ?
    Life is too short not to enjoy life to the fullest - Don't be bogged down dealing with difficult people -who try to inflict their problems in life onto you or other good people...

"Instead return the mutual respect to the good people who respect you - Forget about the one's who won't" .....what Chet lives by.....

So you have 73/76 cond h2o in & out with an 84 degree liquid temp off the cond. These machines were usually at 10/10/10 at full load. That is 85/95/105 on the liquid temps. You are showing 8 degrees delta t on leaving water and liquid ref at 60 % load. Its close but I would expect 5-6 degrees. Your thermo's accurate? Also you are only picking up 3 degrees on the water side. Again I would expect 6 at 60%.
    Now looking at the Liquid temp vs cond pressure you have 84 degree liquid which shoud show about 2 psi pressure but you report 10 psi which equates to about 102 degrees.
    Sooo, my opinion (remember what you are paying for it) is air in the machine causing high head pressure plus some tube fouling in the cond. The only thing saving your butt is the cold tower water which is depressing the high side and keeping you out of surge ( I presume you are not surging). The cond flow looks good.
    Those tubes will only take about .0005" of fouling before pperformance starts going downhill and a machine can foul in about a week under the right conditions.
    Check out the purge on this unit. What type of purge is it. Was the chiller down for an extended period of time?

The evap side looks Ok. You show making 4 degrees thru the bundle with an approach of 2-3 degrees. Check the belly temp and compare it to the evap pressure and leaving chill h2o when you get time. Single pass evaps give some different readings than you might expect.
    If you are not doing it, start logging all your readings for your reference!

the purge unit is a timed style. Yes the chiller has been down for extened amount of time

Email Copy

I saw on this post from last year on flow charts and associated DP settings (ft/hd) for Trane Chillers. I am trying to det up some DP devices for measuring flow and I cannot find the Trane Document online, I saw where you had e-mailed it to someone. Is it possible for you to send this to me as well, I would really appreciate it????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12