Grinnell Circuit Setters

I am a Test and Balance tech and I am currently setting up chilled water coils for a pharma client. The coils all have flanged Grinnell Circuit Setters. I previously worked for a company that had a wheel for these circuit setters but since then Grinnell has been bought out by Tyco and the wheels are no longer available. I am told that the Oventrop model is the same but my flows do not add up when compared to design coil pressure drop from the manufacturer and rough calculations. So my question is, does anyone have flow coefficients for the Grinnell Circuit Setters or a flow chart? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Dan Kennedy

I've been trying to find this for you. Getting passed from one phone person to another.
    I have submitted a request to a group that might be able to help. I will let you know.
    Any other Htalkers are welcome to help if they have these coefficients...
    Terry
    Terry McIver, executive editor, Contracting Business magazine.

On any pharma job where we even step foot, there is always a full submittal available for the project. if this is new, why not ask the mechanical for the submittal package? another route you could try is to use ultrasonic flow meter and set your flow using that. sometimes you do actually have ot reinvent the wheel in this biz, as much as it sucks. good luck in your quest.

Flow Charts

I may end up using an ultrasonic flow meter if all else fails. If I do happen across the flow chart I will certainly share it with all here. At this point however it is a matter of setting the cooling coils to manufacturers design pressure drop and then verifying coil performance. The facility is existing and my company is performing a recertification of all existing VAV boxes and equipment. Much of the system has floated out of calibration over the years, and/or was not set up properly to begin with. I will continue my search but in the event that someone else comes across this, please share. These are flanged Grinell Circuit Setters and vary from 2" up to 6".

Thank you,
    Dan Kennedy

I know this is an old post and the job is probably done but I thought I would post a link to an online calculator for oventrop circuit setters. The link is http://oventrop-na.net/calc/Balancin...OPEN_THIS.html
    Hopefully this helps someone else.