Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    After revising his Heat loss calculation for my temperature changes, he came back with a 3.5 ton system. Unfortunately Trane does not make such a unit in their 16 SEER or 19 SEER systems. So by default, if we agree with his numbers we need the 4 ton system.

So now the question is do we go with the 16 SEER (Energy 70% Stage 1/30% stage 2) or the 19 SEER (50/50 split). Its already costing a bunch more than I thought. The 19 SEER 4 ton is about $1000 more than the 16 SEER 4 ton...I would guess a no brainer.

Thanks for everyone's help.

OK...so he came back after double checking his numbers. We are set on the 3 ton unit. Now the question is 16 vs. 19 SEER. The units have differences. Besides the split %, the 19 SEER (19XLi) has 2 compressors while the 16 SEER (16xi)does not.

Does anyone have any recommendations between the two Trane units?

What about R-22 vs R-410?

take a close look at the actual ARI seer for your match, it is likley that they are both in the mid 15's or 16.

Id go for a 70/100 any day, the latent performance from 50% is generally weak at best. 70% will handle the load 80% of the time, 50 will be constantly cycling low to high.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I think based on 24/7 ,50% capacity will handle the load 75 to 80% of the time.70% low stage may handle the load closer to 90% of the time.

All based on the system not being oversized,as most systems ,are oversized.

Talking

The decision has been made :

Trane 16 SEER 3 ton, dual fuel, two stage!

Turns out that because the outside unit is on basement level and the inside unit is in the attice, the freon line run exceeds the 25 feet maximum for the 19 SEER unit.

Thanks for everyone's help. This is a great website!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12