Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Just don't go in tomorrow. Or ever again.
    Just completely cut your ties. Next time you apply for a job, I would almost say not even mention you worked there.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy1989 View Post
    I should run and then skip once I get a new job lol.
    Everyone is telling you to run the other way. Its easy to tell someone to just sweep floor etc, but if this is the best training you can get for now it beats sweeping floors IMO. But I can see from your responses you seem to want to stick it out until you find a better gig. I agree with you. This guy obviously is big trouble but you are still learning alot I'm sure. Keep looking for a better job. Do alot of reading on your own. Look into a trade School. And as my Dad always said "don't get rid of your dirty water until you got clean water".

Thanks newoldtech

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    And as my Dad always said "don't get rid of your dirty water until you got clean water".
    It sounds like your Dad was a wise man. But this water really stinks.

Look into a trade school or getting some classes. I went through an 11 month program and came out knowing more than a lot of the guys I first worked with. Not saying I knew a lot, just worked with a lot of idiots right away. Nothing but part changers.

Post your resume in the job discussion forum. If your sure your boss isn't a member here.

Remember, not all members post. Some just lurk.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Yeah i know beenthere,that's why I'm iffy about it.

Its easy to tell someone to just sweep floor etc, see how easy it will be to get a job if caught driving or involved in so much as a fender bender with his vehicle with open booze , weed in it and DRUNKEN IDIOT in the PASSENGER seat eating the WEED.

Are you even INSURED to be driving this CLOWNS vehicles , anyone over 25 can drive mine , under 25 need to be added to policy.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Just don't go in tomorrow. Or ever again.
    Just completely cut your ties. Next time you apply for a job, I would almost say not even mention you worked there.
    Some times the best guys have worked for the worst employer and visa versa. I would not hold it against him if he worked for a beer drinking pot head, it is not his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    Some times the best guys have worked for the worst employer and visa versa. I would not hold it against him if he worked for a beer drinking pot head, it is not his fault.
    I agree, and from the sounds of it Newguy1989 sounds like a fine young man. I am just concerned that working for such an idiot could possibly present him in an unfavorable view by some potential employers. But having said that, I am sure that once interviewed, Newguy1989 would be able to overcome any such negative view.

I also agree that working in the trade and getting hands on experience is of value, even if it is for a drunken pot head. However if this guy is having open intoxicants and weed in the vehicle while Newguy is driving it or in it, there could possibly be a bad outcome. Again, best of luck.

Thanks I'm getting some replies back now from a couple of company owners so we will see.

You have already seen the bottom. The only way now is up.
    You deserve better. Good luck.

Take your drive and desire to learn and get out ! Find another employeer.

In this industry, which services every segment of business, residential and goverment, needs motivated people to work in it. The risk you are operating with and under could disqualify you from ever doing or working in a large part of the industry because of increased scrutiny. Many of the places we work require Drug testing and background checks. A little thing on your record could prevent you from ever being allowed to work in many, if not all, secured facilities.

I have had co-workers that have had to not work because they had a restraining order (or something else equally minor) on the books. "Can't work on that job, go home without pay untill this job is finished and then come back to work". That sucks, but it happens very frequently.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast