Amana versus Lennox
    I have found a qualified installer and he has quoted me prices for Lennox and Amana which are pretty comperable. I 'm looking at the high end 4 ton heat pumps that have the two stage compressors (Amana RSG Ultron 16 or a Lennox HPX 19) with a variable speed 80% furnace (Amana AMV or a Lennox G60V). Any advice on which way to go?

go with the amana

don't know the amana but g60v is an excellent furnace

The Lennox XP19 and the G60V any day. As a consumer, the sound ratings alone would have me buying the Lennox.

The XP19 is the quietest HP on the market, has an insulated compressor case, on-board diagnostics that can be integrated with the Honeywell Vision Pro...The list goes on.

As you stated; they are comparable. Go with the one the contractor you like best wants to use.

I keep hearing people make comments like; "such and such is the quietest", without any data to back up such statements. York Affinity claims to have the quietest on the market...so who is not correct?

Also; how much does a slight difference in volume mean in the application? All of the R410a compressors are quiet due to the heavy shells. Add a sound blanket and 850 rpm motor to that, which the Amana has both, and what is making noise?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Just a biased opinion, but Trane HPs have a real quiet condenser fan as well. . . . check out Trane.
    Live for yourself and ask no one to live for you.

Originally posted by zane1

The XP19 is the quietest HP on the market,

Since when???

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Who makes a quieter unit? The 2ton XP19 runs at 69db, and the 5ton unit is 73db.

Amana doesn't even list their db rating on the Amana web site. Not that I'm saying its a bad product, I'm just saying the XP19 is better if installed the same.

The York YZE038 runs at 70 and the YZE60 runs at 73. So I guess the best 3 ton is a York and for 5 ton it's a tie with Lennox?