Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We live in the Northeast, and want up to 200 BTU/hr output high efficiency ( 90%+) gas fired boiler. Understand Rheem, Buderus and Peerless are good. What are the key considerations/ issues? We will have to have power venting (eg no chimney -- boiler located in a basement, without chimney access -- vents out the side of the house. We have make up air installed now.

Carrier makes a nice Induced Draft, Electronic Ignition, PVC Vent, 90% Unit for Natural or Propane Gas.

Here is the page: http://www.commercial.carrier.com/co..._description/0,,CLI1_DIV41_LNK4960_ETI4926_PRD652_SIT12,00.html

Here is the product data packet: http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...t/bw9a-2pd.pdf

I'm not too sure that Rheem makes a boiler. Buderus is supposed to be a decent boiler, as well as Peerless.
    Another unit to look at is Weil Mclains "Ultra" modulating boiler.
    Before you do select one, make certain that you have a heat loss done on your home. A competent heating contractor should do this automatically without the need to be asked when quoting you a price on a new system.

Weil McLain Ultra, real nice boiler.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Dunkirk will be coming out with their fully modulating condensating boiler the 1st of the year.

If it is available in your area, Viessmann Vitodens. Excellent boiler.

narrowing it down -- gas fired boilers

Thanks...

I now have three boilers in mind:
    - Dunkirk Q95
    - Hydrothrem AM multipulse
    - Buderus

These are all modulating speeds, monitor temperature inside and out, and in the water..

We have lots of radiant heat, and a fairly large house (4500+ sq ft) with an undersized current system. Our contractor says we need up to 200 BTU/hr.

Any views on these?

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    The pulse is not a modulating boiler. Didn't see any Q95 on the website, the Q90 is not modulating either.
    I would ask to see the results of the heat loss. 200,000 seems a bit high without knowing the details of your house.

[Edited by rich pickering on 10-13-2005 at 10:30 PM]
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Radiant usually requires lower water temps, so it's unlikely you'll frequently need 200K BTU's. I would recommend the Buderus wall hung as it modulates.

I believe the Dunkirk Q95 is going to be discontinued. The new Quantum 90 will be modulating and be direct competetion for the Weil-Mclain Ultra. And if I remember correct the Dunkirk will be the only high efficiency condensing gas boiler with the aluminum casting manufactured right here.

How about 2 smaller boilers, what do you have now?

How do you know it is not big enough?

Do you want to do how water with it also?
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Munchkin 199M vs Peerless Pinnacle gas boilers

Ratings and reviews or opinions on these two would be most appreciated.

Which one is better? How do you tell?

many thanks...

They're the same boiler. Only difference is the optional controls. HTP has the vision series. You must be authorized and trained by HTP to install. Peerless dosn't offer controls but you get a Tekmar control that interfaces into their control board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast