Recommendations on handheld anemometers

I need to buy a handheld model for an upcoming project. Would like to hear from you guys on what you use and the pros and cons. I have an old one made by Scientific Atlanta but it's time to replace it.

This one from UEi looks kinda cool and reasonably priced
    http://www.professionalequipment.com...m3/anemometer/

Thanks
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

i use a velocicalc with pretty good results.
    not cheap but it works well

I would not recommend the rotating vane type of anemometers. they tend to be a little fragile for constant use and not terribly accurate. Most of the air balance contractors in our area use hot wire anemometers. The velocicalc previously mentioned has been a good instrument. Here at our school we use the TSI meters. We have both hot wire and rotating vane but the hot wires get used the most. But as also stated they are PRICEY.

Hot wire anemometer is the way to go. We've been using Dwyers for a lot of years. The 471-2 with telescoping probe is better if you do any commercial work.

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/PDF_files/Priced/471_cat.pdf

Check out testo

and see what you think
    You have got to learn from other people's mistakes! Because God knows you don't live long enough to make them all yourself !!!!!!!!