Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by joey791
    Cool Oisyo thats what I meant, I understand "Lon theory" just thought you and sys had access to everyones controllers.
    Depends on what you mean. If one is sitting there can I see the variables and work with them without the OEM? Absolutely.

Can I change the program? Possibly.

Originally posted by sysint
    Originally posted by joey791
    Cool Oisyo thats what I meant, I understand "Lon theory" just thought you and sys had access to everyones controllers.
    Depends on what you mean. If one is sitting there can I see the variables and work with them without the OEM? Absolutely.

Can I change the program? Possibly.
    So are you saying because its a Lon device you can see the points, but the chance of reprogramming are far less?

At times. For instance, TAC has their programming separate from LNS. You need their software. Or, H-well. You could program the device and make LON variables. Afterwards you could import that device into a LON database and work with it.

Circon and Distech have their programming contained in a plugin. So, you could open up their programmables in any LNS package and program.

If it is a LON controller you can always read the points and write to the inputs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12