Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    did ryans comp do the install?
    they arent responsible for the operating costs, after a unit running for 2 years, who here is going to think of the valves, i know thats not where i would look, but i admit to not knowing anything

and i thought it was funny, everyones made a mistake, ever discharge a cap on a ptac... with it still plugged in, makes a bright light

Hmm INSTALLERS

Maby the orginal installer never got called back to do the startup ?

Ryan

I ran into my first closed service valves 3 yrs. ago. Unit was installed 1 yr. before and of course never cooled but had been running. Repaired leak on system, suction and liquid filters, pressure test, evacuate and I think its still running today. You will never miss this again and thats a good thing. However some things are better not told here or anywhere. P.S. I didn't say something like that hasn't happened to me and I'll leave it at that.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Thanks for the replies guys. I am not trying to argue with anyone. I have seen where that leads around here. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I admit that I am not the most experienced tech. I just wanted to share a story to make all of you laugh. Either laugh because you have been there OR laugh because you think I am a dumba$$. I could care less. I can take the beatings.

A wise man, William A. Ward, once said: "To make mistakes is human; to stumble is commonplace; to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity."

Good story bro. I'm sure we have all done something stupid at one time or another (I know I have). Everyone makes mistakes, even the most seasond of techs. Just don't make a habit of it.

this was a good one but we live and learn.

Thats why he's the furnace guy, not the A/C guy? lol sorry, couldn't help it.

Was it stupid and shouldn't have happened? Of course, most mistakes are preventable (usually most preventable in hindsight). We all do stupid stuff, he was brave enough to post his story... even though a vid would have been better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12