Thread: Carrier Infinity thermostat needed?

Post Likes
    I just built a new house and had a Carrier 58mvp120 furnace installed. My installer installed a single stage programable thermostat for the system. Would it be worth it for me to have a multi stage thermostat installed. Is it worth it to put in the infinity thermostat. I don't have a humidifier in the system but do plan to add AC next summer.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Get it!!!!
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Well worth the cost.

Post Likes
    Did they not offer you the Infinity when they installed the Infinity system? The control IMO is the best part of the system.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by jthomas21
    Did they not offer you the Infinity when they installed the Infinity system? The control IMO is the best part of the system. [/QUOTE

Yes,but remember it takes the 2.5 version of the GE ECM to make it work.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replies,

My installer didn't tell me about the infinity thermostat. I started looking into it when I turned the furnace on last week. After investigating it, I found out that the installer only installed a single phase thermostat.

Dash,
    Are you implying that I may not have the right GE ECM in the furnace to make the thermostat work? Could this be an additional cost to add the thermostat.

Post Likes
    If you had this MVP furnace put in recently, it will be compatible. There are some older MVPs that are not compatible with the Infinity, but it doesn't sound like the case here.

So yeah, do try to get the Infinity. It's outstanding. If for some reason you can't get it, at least get a two stage thermostat. You're cheating yourself out of real two stage furnace operation by using a single stage thermostat to control it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by snjpark
    Thanks for the replies,

My installer didn't tell me about the infinity thermostat. I started looking into it when I turned the furnace on last week. After investigating it, I found out that the installer only installed a single phase thermostat.

Dash,
    Are you implying that I may not have the right GE ECM in the furnace to make the thermostat work? Could this be an additional cost to add the thermostat.

No ,sorry for the confusion. It just that Carrier/Bryant,is the only one with the 2.5,and Infinity control itself is great,but you can't use it on another brand,as far as I know.

Post Likes
    You can use the infinity stat on other applications you just aren't going to get the full value of it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by wayner211
    You can use the infinity stat on other applications you just aren't going to get the full value of it.
    It only use 4 wires ,two for low voltage and two for digital signals,how can you use it on anything else,and if you could,what would you lose.

Post Likes
    You are correct and I do appologize for giving false info. I dont know what I was thinking about.

Post Likes
    What type Out-door unit do you have? If it is a Two speed-Go for the new T-stat

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in