Hmm

I recently installed a TWE037E13FB variable speed air handler with a 2TWX4036A1000A 14 SEER heat pump. The problem that I am running into is that there is just so much excessive condensation overflowing from the primary drain pan into the emergency drain pan. I have checked the dip switches numerous times and they are set correctly, the charge is good to go, the primary line is not clogged up. The only thing that I can think of is the fan speed is pulling water off the coil and soaking the bottom of the horizontal air handler which is causing the overflow into the emergency pan. I was wondering if anyone has ran across this problem before. I have seen it before on a 19 SEER variable speed unit installed also. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

Is there a trap??

is there a trap on the condensate line. If not then install one with the vent after the trap

If you dont have a trap you better get one installed.

Not one of them little store bought traps either, a real trap.....

Bobby

yeah, there is a trap and a vent tee. i hope my damn helper didn't cap the wrong end. there is a clean out that is supposed to be capped and the vent. i just got the call tonight and will head on over there tomorrow morning to check things out. thanks guys, that makes sense.

Wait!

you said you checked the dip switches and a bunch of other things, but now you say your helper better not have?

You did'nt check the system for a proper trap?

I smell sumtin.....

fooled ya, i am really a home owner in disguise getting all the secret tips of the industry