Thread: Pitco Frialator

Pitco Frialator

I had one of my commercial accounts drop a 35C+ off at the shop. Needs it changed to LP.

He was talking about giving it to the local Lions Club. So I thought I would see if I could do it on the cheap.

I dug in my box and found the 3 orifices, I found a pilot orifice if I can get the pilot apart.

I'm not finding a gas valve in my box of old goodies. Seems to be an old Robertshaw 700 series 300,000 btu thermopile valve.

Anyone got an affordable source? I can find a bunch of them on the web but the price seems kinda steep for charity work.

Thanks for any help you can give,

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Why not just change the regulator part of the valve. Check with Allpoints. It should only be a few dollars.

Yeah, I changed mine from LP to nat gas. A bunch of orifices, pilot and some small valve parts ran about 100$ shipped from partstown. Like EB says, I think you can get the valve part separate. Be careful not to put a hole in the diaphragm when you put the new one in.

Make sure it's the proper valve first though. I have seen my share of Frankenstein equipment.

BTW, Pitco support rocks. Helpful, knowledgeable, and not proprietary at all. Wish they were all like that.

C

Thanks.

I'll get back in the gas valve box. I have some conversion parts in it but for some reason I was just looking for the valve.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

I think the last conversion cost me around $25 or $30, buying parts at the store.
    Pitco wanted about $75 for the kit plus shipping.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.