Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Originally posted by grovecreek
    You have not mentioned any union contractors in the Twin Cities.
    I didn't realize there were any left after the lawsuit and all those inspectors going to jail...

Originally posted by grovecreek
    You have not mentioned any union contractors in the Twin Cities. We are very trained service techs and tinners are also. Here are some of them Sedgwick, Cronstroms,Owens,Voght
    just to name a few.
    Do you mean Vogt(Fred Vogt Co. in St. Louis Park) or Voight htg/ac?

When Owens extended a job offer to me years ago they were not in the residential market. Their bread and butter was shopping malls and other commercial stuff. Has that changed?

I wasn't trying to exclude union shops. They have great, good and less then good guys like most non-union shops. I have actually worked for 2 of those companies, done work for another and have friends at all four. All of those four bill themselves as top shelve shops and have the prices to prove it. Two of them are or were owned by Service Experts the national consolidator which is a division of Lennox International. I used to work for them years back and they are not only exspensive but believe in high pressure sales tatics. They usually had 3-4 "packages" with "add-on" items that they pushed hard. Because of that I do not personally recommend them. I believe in taking care of a customer's individual needs and not selling "canned" presentations. But that is just me. Let customers get what they want.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

Originally posted by jultzya
    Originally posted by grasshopper
    I always though we could put e-mails on here??
    Rule # 9
    If you notice I have been around a long time. (Since the beginning actually!) I know the rules inside and out. Heck.... I used to help Don enforce them. I meant to type coundn't. The profiles changed years ago. When this site first started you had a spot to put your e-mail in your profile, then Don deleted them because of problems. So you see I was talking about profiles not posts.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

Grasshopper,

I dropped you an email its same as my screen name...Just want to make sure u got it?

The spelling is Vogt your correct. I do work at one of these shops and I do not see the high pressure tatics. We just let the customer no what we can offer. Most of our clients have the money to spend on add ons. Thanks Grove

Originally posted by grasshopper
    Aspen Air is a Mpls licensed company. I have seen only a number of Aspen Air's install jobs. But I have never seen an Aspen Air job that was not "hacked" in.(IMHO) They are a newer company. The first I heard of them a few years ago was they flooded the area with duct cleaning coupons. I still get their coupons ever week or so in the mail. I have looked inside mutiple duct systems right after they finished "cleaning" them and it was not even remotely clean. I have also been called out on service calls where they replaced part of a system (A-coil for example) and found their sheetmetal work to be aweful!
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh...wait, that's not funny. That's who I work for. But it is true. Half of my calls are fixing furnaces and A/C's that the duct cleaners have screwed up, or bringing new installs up to code complience. Aabbott Ferraro in St Paul is who I would recommend. They install Trane and Rheem.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345