Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by grasshopper
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by hvac_czar
    [B]
    Originally posted by grasshopper

It sounds like your lucky you did not have to deal with their new install manager. From what I hear he is a nazi and one step from flipping out at all times. Heard a story about him alost putting his hand through the windshield of a cube truck at a installer once because he passed him in traffic one morning.
    Dave M. has been the install mgr. for years and has not fully retired yet, when I left the next in line was to be his assistant... Things must've changed big time as I haven't heard about the new install manager. I do keep in touch with friends I made there, but am so happy I left. Are you sure you weren't talking about the sales manager? He is an A#1 scumbag.

Grasshopper email me at chad711XgvtelXXX

>>>edit... please put e-mail in profile, thanks.

[Edited by jultzya on 10-29-2005 at 04:03 AM]
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

grasshopper...

TAS....

Did you and I speak on the phone over a year ago? I am sorry if I have you confused with someone else.
    Your memory is impressive! The head injury must not have damaged any of the important brain cells! Indeed we did talk at length on the phone, and you were a HUGE help. I've steered away from several contractors based on your words of wisdom.

Still wish I could just get you to come out and take care of our furnace and A/C replacement! Sure could make a lot of things simpler (for us, anyway!). If I remember right, at the time your company didn't work in our area. Maybe now?

Grasshopper,,,how do we get a hold of you.........no email in profile?

Originally posted by he8833

So you had a new Goodman already installed?

Well when we moved in we assumed it was close to new if not new. Since then through this site and via my annual checkups whom ever installed it did not due a very good job. As a result and in addition to it being loud when starting up (reason I may want it direct vented) I want to have things checked over and potentially fine tuned, blower speed etc [/B][/QUOTE]

So it sounds like you have a 90%er installed as a single pipe furnace. Is this correct? There could be reasons that it was installed this way. Clearances from exhaust vents(dryer) or a gas meter just for instance. Is the noise just from not having an intake pipe? I have never noticed THAT big of a difference to tell the truth. Depending on the age and model, it might just be a louder furnace. Any service tech doing a fall tune-up should be able to dial in a furnace and set the blower speed. So if all you need is a PVC pipe installed you are going to have to either pay dearly for a company to send out an installer on the clock or find someone to do it "on the side." Normally I do not advocate "sidework." However in cases like yours many of the bosses I have had over the years would hand you off to someone for a sat. afternoon job. The company would just have to charge to much to justify taking an installer away from a furnace or air install to deal with your situation.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hvac_czar
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by grasshopper
    [B]
    Originally posted by hvac_czar

It sounds like your lucky you did not have to deal with their new install manager. From what I hear he is a nazi and one step from flipping out at all times. Heard a story about him alost putting his hand through the windshield of a cube truck at a installer once because he passed him in traffic one morning.
    Dave M. has been the install mgr. for years and has not fully retired yet, when I left the next in line was to be his assistant... Things must've changed big time as I haven't heard about the new install manager. I do keep in touch with friends I made there, but am so happy I left. Are you sure you weren't talking about the sales manager? He is an A#1 scumbag.

You didn't like Steve??!!! LOL Only guy I know that would let us go out on a gravity job without a pre-job done. Boy did that kick the company in the a$$. Dave M. is just an install cordinator now. I always did like and got along with him. I understand that not quite a year ago they hired this new install dept. manager who is retired military, used to manage some huge IT company's dept and once upon a moon supposivly had some experiance ion the Sheetmetal workers union. I guess he is some crazed school yard bully. I heard he hired twice as many applicants for some positions as they needed, just to employ them for a few months and make everyone else nervous about their jobs. Then he gets rid of whomever he wants after 3-6 months. I ran into one installer recently who said he was quite upset about his "mentee" getting let go because of this and politics. This guy sounds like he was brought in to shake things up.

So you were an installer or gas fitter there?

Originally posted by Chad711
    Grasshopper email me at chad711XgvtelXXX

>>>edit... please put e-mail in profile, thanks.

[Edited by jultzya on 10-29-2005 at 04:03 AM]
    I always though we could put e-mails on here??

I tried your phone # and it was disconnected.

Let me know if you get the e-mail I sent to you.

Originally posted by tas
    grasshopper...

TAS....

Did you and I speak on the phone over a year ago? I am sorry if I have you confused with someone else.
    Your memory is impressive! The head injury must not have damaged any of the important brain cells! Indeed we did talk at length on the phone, and you were a HUGE help. I've steered away from several contractors based on your words of wisdom.

Still wish I could just get you to come out and take care of our furnace and A/C replacement! Sure could make a lot of things simpler (for us, anyway!). If I remember right, at the time your company didn't work in our area. Maybe now?
    So did we talk before or after my "accident?" I am mostly all good now. Depends on who you ask I guess. My lady says I will never be "all-right." LOL What does that say about her being with me then?! LOL

Actually I am no longer with that company and am in the process of interviewing with a few new possible employers.
    If you still have my number then call me and I might be able to hook you up. I have a few friends.......

Originally posted by he8833
    Grasshopper,,,how do we get a hold of you.........no email in profile?
    I put one of them in there now. We used to not be allowed to have them on this site.

I always though we could put e-mails on here??
    Rule # 9

Any comments on either

Binder and Sons

or

Able B & C

Frank

[Edited by frankt on 10-30-2005 at 01:22 AM]

You have not mentioned any union contractors in the Twin Cities. We are very trained service techs and tinners are also. Here are some of them Sedgwick, Cronstroms,Owens,Voght
    just to name a few.

You didn't like Steve??!!! LOL Only guy I know that would let us go out on a gravity job without a pre-job done. Boy did that kick the company in the a$$. Dave M. is just an install cordinator now. I always did like and got along with him. I understand that not quite a year ago they hired this new install dept. manager who is retired military, used to manage some huge IT company's dept and once upon a moon supposivly had some experiance ion the Sheetmetal workers union. I guess he is some crazed school yard bully.

So you were an installer or gas fitter there?

Does anyone like Steve? From the day he showed up I knew he was a slimeball, it's a shame they let him operate the way he does. Yeah, I liked and got along with Dave... He's pretty cool for a crusty old guy. What ever happened to Kathy "Ms. Ballbuster"? I've got no time for crazed schoolyard bullies, didn't that go out with the 8th grade? I've never understood fear or threats as a motivator... John Winston was good for that too.

I was a licensed Gasfitter for them but also held my Warm Air and Boiler licenses while in MN

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast